Schneider Electric has introduced a new service to assess the power, cooling, physical infrastructure, and operational efficiencies of data centers. The offering — EnergySTEP (Energy Sustainability Tiered Efficiency Program) Data Center Assessment – is the latest addition to the expertise that this global energy management company provides to IT and data center customers.
Addressing the scenario of ongoing volatility in energy prices/security, skyrocketing demands on data centers, and the increasing requests for efficiency and sustainability in these facilities, Schneider Electric offers EnergySTEP as a customized offering that goes beyond initial assessments to provide actionable, vendor neutral recommendations to optimize energy usage, reduce operating costs, and prioritize improvements and upgrades to manage capital expenses intelligently.
A comprehensive report generated by the assessment provides recommendations including detailed findings illustrated with various graphics and benchmarks of performance. The specific recommendations for improving efficiency and maximizing availability include estimated cost savings and an ROI analysis.
Additionally, to measure and maintain ongoing sustainability and efficiency initiatives, EnergySTEP allows managers to benchmark the performance of their facilities against industry standards such as the Green Grid Data Center Maturity Model, a measurement of 46 aspects of the data center.
Under EnergySTEP, an extensive data collection and analysis is performed by a Schneider Electric Energy Management Services (EMS) Specialist with expertise in both data center operations and energy management.
Data Center Assessments are part of a larger portfolio of services offered by Schneider Electric to support customers throughout the data center services life cycle, to assist in planning, design, building operation maintenance, and optimization of their facilities.
You might like:
- Facility Management SOLUTIONS 2016
- Seven Ways To “Green” The Landscape For Earth Day
- Response Team 1 Fuels Growth with Acquisitions and a Major Investment
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- Nestlé Purina Factories Achieve Zero Waste To Landfill Status
- Illegal Logging Focus Of LEED Pilot Credit
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Safety Netting At MLB Parks Protects More Fans
- 2016 Flooring Design Award Winners Named
- New Service Spotlight: Mobile Mail App From iOffice
- Partnership To Renew Higher Ed
- Stainless Steel Mounting Posts by Camden Door Controls
- Facility Executive Announces 2015 Readers’ Choice Awards
- New Research Campus Inspired By Cradle to Cradle Principles
- What You Need To Know About Changes To NFPA 70E