Car Charging Group, Inc. (CCGI) is a provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging services that has partnerships with a variety of entities, including municipalities, shopping malls, office buildings, parking garages, retail parking, multi-family residential, and other commercial properties—totaling more than six million parking spaces.
CCGI provides a turnkey solution for facilities by installing and maintaining the entire parking system infrastructure. Facility partners benefit by sharing in the revenue generated from the EV charging service, while also adding to their sustainability initiatives.
The company installs Coulomb Technologies fast EV charging stations (known as Level II), which provide 240 volts with 32 amps of power to recharge EV batteries quickly. The EV charging stations use the standard SAE J1772™ connector that has been adopted by numerous automobile manufacturers.
The drivers of the vehicles can register and create a Car Charging account online, and then attach a card to their keychain to initiate use and payment at a charging station. By waving the card near the front of the station, it communicates wirelessly to the station and unlocks the nozzle. The screen on the station indicates the cost of the charging session, and the charge is charged directly to the driver’s account.
A second option is to pay by credit card for each session, which requires drivers to call an 800 number located on the station. A customer service representative remotely unlocks the station for use.
Users have access to the ChargePoint® Network, a global online network connecting EV drivers to charging stations. Using the ChargePoint mobile app, drivers will soon be able to reserve a time slot, guaranteeing access to EV charging stations to recharge their vehicles.
Organizations currently partnered with CCGI include Walgreens, Ace Parking, Central Parking, Equity Residential, Icon Parking, Rapid Parking, USA Parking, The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, The City of Miami Beach, and The City of West Palm Beach. A recent new partner is St. Jorge Winery in Northern California.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management