NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: EV Charging by Car Charging Group
Car Charging Group, Inc. (CCGI) is a provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging services that has partnerships with a variety of entities, including municipalities, shopping malls, office buildings, parking garages, retail parking, multi-family residential, and other commercial properties—totaling more than six million parking spaces.
CCGI provides a turnkey solution for facilities by installing and maintaining the entire parking system infrastructure. Facility partners benefit by sharing in the revenue generated from the EV charging service, while also adding to their sustainability initiatives.
The company installs Coulomb Technologies fast EV charging stations (known as Level II), which provide 240 volts with 32 amps of power to recharge EV batteries quickly. The EV charging stations use the standard SAE J1772™ connector that has been adopted by numerous automobile manufacturers.
The drivers of the vehicles can register and create a Car Charging account online, and then attach a card to their keychain to initiate use and payment at a charging station. By waving the card near the front of the station, it communicates wirelessly to the station and unlocks the nozzle. The screen on the station indicates the cost of the charging session, and the charge is charged directly to the driver’s account.
A second option is to pay by credit card for each session, which requires drivers to call an 800 number located on the station. A customer service representative remotely unlocks the station for use.
Users have access to the ChargePoint® Network, a global online network connecting EV drivers to charging stations. Using the ChargePoint mobile app, drivers will soon be able to reserve a time slot, guaranteeing access to EV charging stations to recharge their vehicles.
Organizations currently partnered with CCGI include Walgreens, Ace Parking, Central Parking, Equity Residential, Icon Parking, Rapid Parking, USA Parking, The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, The City of Miami Beach, and The City of West Palm Beach. A recent new partner is St. Jorge Winery in Northern California.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ