This Question of the Week comes from the Facilities Management Professionals International group on Linkedin.
How often do you replace the belts of the roof fans? We have a contract with a company and when asked the same question during a recent checkup, the technician said they usually replace the belts on an “as needed” basis.
But from my experience, I think once a year is a safer baseline. I am not comfortable with the idea of trying to stretch them too much, especially since they are not that expensive in the first place. And since the equipment is on the roof, it’s fairly easy to get there.
Additionally, how often should the ventilation system be cleaned?
Gateway Property Management Corporation
Share your feedback and suggestions in the LEAVE A COMMENT section below.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event