QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Belt Maintenance
This Question of the Week comes from the Facilities Management Professionals International group on Linkedin.
How often do you replace the belts of the roof fans? We have a contract with a company and when asked the same question during a recent checkup, the technician said they usually replace the belts on an “as needed” basis.
But from my experience, I think once a year is a safer baseline. I am not comfortable with the idea of trying to stretch them too much, especially since they are not that expensive in the first place. And since the equipment is on the roof, it’s fairly easy to get there.
Additionally, how often should the ventilation system be cleaned?
Gateway Property Management Corporation
Share your feedback and suggestions in the LEAVE A COMMENT section below.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.