This Question of the Week comes from the Facilities Management Professionals International group on Linkedin.
How often do you replace the belts of the roof fans? We have a contract with a company and when asked the same question during a recent checkup, the technician said they usually replace the belts on an “as needed” basis.
But from my experience, I think once a year is a safer baseline. I am not comfortable with the idea of trying to stretch them too much, especially since they are not that expensive in the first place. And since the equipment is on the roof, it’s fairly easy to get there.
Additionally, how often should the ventilation system be cleaned?
Gateway Property Management Corporation
Share your feedback and suggestions in the LEAVE A COMMENT section below.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention