This Question of the Week comes from the Facilities Management Professionals International group on Linkedin.
How often do you replace the belts of the roof fans? We have a contract with a company and when asked the same question during a recent checkup, the technician said they usually replace the belts on an “as needed” basis.
But from my experience, I think once a year is a safer baseline. I am not comfortable with the idea of trying to stretch them too much, especially since they are not that expensive in the first place. And since the equipment is on the roof, it’s fairly easy to get there.
Additionally, how often should the ventilation system be cleaned?
Gateway Property Management Corporation
Share your feedback and suggestions in the LEAVE A COMMENT section below.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management