The BOMA International Executive Committee is responsible for developing the strategic direction and policies for the association. Executive Committee members work with BOMA International officers and executive staff to maximize the effectiveness of BOMA International, while ensuring resources are available to achieve its goals. Executive Committee members serve a minimum term of two years.
The Board of Governors of BOMA International has elected the following individuals to the Executive Committee:
- Robert M. Brierley, vice president of operations, Boston Region, Brookfield Properties, BOMA/Boston
- Brian D. Cappelli, RPA, vice president, Forest City Commercial Management, BOMA/Cleveland
- J. Michael Coleman, vice president of marketing – commercial real estate, AlliedBarton Security Services, BOMA/Philadelphia
- Brian M. Harnetiaux, vice president, Transwestern, BOMA/Orange County
- Wade W. Lange, RPA, FMA, CPM, vice president of property management, Langley Investment Properties, BOMA Oregon
- Keith Major, property director, Bentall LP, BOMA/Greater Toronto
In his role at Brookfield Properties Corporation, Brierley oversees Brookfield’s Boston Region portfolio. He presently serves as a member of BOMA/Boston’s Executive Committee, and also served as president of BOMA/Boston in 2007-2008. He serves on several BOMA International committees, including the Preparedness Committee, the Awards Committee and the State Government Affairs Committee, and is the chair of the BOMA 360 Council. This is Brierley’s second two-year term on the Executive Committee.
Cappelli has more than 20 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry. In his current role as vice president of operations with Forest City Commercial Group, he directs the property and asset management functions for a portfolio of office, retail and industrial properties. He served two-term as president of BOMA/Cleveland and has also served on BOMA/Cleveland’s Finance Committee and the Government Affairs Committee. Cappelli served for four years as governor of BOMA/Ohio. He is a member of the Asset Management Council and the Energy & Environment Committee for BOMA International and served on the BOMA One Taskforce. Cappelli was elected to serve a second two-year term on the Executive Committee.
Coleman has 37 years of industry experience and has worked 25 years with AlliedBarton Security Services. He has managed substantial security operations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and New England for AlliedBarton and has led numerous security initiatives in security settings as a result of fire and terror-related responses. He is a two-time board member for BOMA/Philadelphia where he founded and chaired the Safety Committee for more than 11 years. He was a contributor to BOMA International’s Emergency Preparedness Guide and recipient of the 2006 Chairman’s Recognition Award for services to the organization. Coleman is the first allied member to be elected to the BOMA International Executive Committee.
Harnetiaux is responsible for all aspects of leasing and management for 2.1 million square feet of office space with Transwestern. He is a member of the BOMA/Orange County Board of Directors where he served as president in 2010 and 2011. He is the current chair of the BOMA/Orange County Building Membership Taskforce and was named Principal Member of the Year in 2011. He is the current vice president of BOMA California’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee and is the vice chair of BOMA International’s Industry Defense Fund Oversight Committee.
At Langley Investment Properties, Lange oversees the West Coast Portfolio, including assets in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco, and is responsible for more than three million square feet of Class A commercial property. He is the board liaison to BOMA International’s Education Advisory Council, chair of the Reinventing Major Meetings Task Force and has also participated on several BOMA International committees, including the Education Committee, the State Government Affairs Committee, the Local Association Services Committee and the SOS Task Force. He served as president of BOMA/Portland in 2006 and currently serves as both a board member of BOMA Oregon and as board liaison to BOMA Oregon’s Sustainability Committee. Lange was elected to serve a second two-year term on the Executive Committee.
In his role with Bentall Kennedy, Major is responsible for the Property Management, Operations and Development activities for Bentall Kennedy in Ontario, Canada and has played an integral role in the growth of the company from six million square feet to 31 million square feet since 2000. He was an active member and past chair of the Energy and Environment Committee for BOMA/Toronto, and he represents BOMA as the consumer representative on the Smart Grid Forum for Ontario.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts
Topic Tags: BOMA