Remember Sega? You know, the company that made its name back in 1982 when it introduced the industry’s first three-dimensional game, SubRoc 3D?
The gaming giant has come a long way over the decades and is currently making headlines. This week, the company is launching Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™ and Aliens: Colonial Marines™ at San Diego’s Comic-Con. And just last month, it provided video enthusiasts with the quintessential summer sporting experience in the form of London 2012 – The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games™.
Earlier this year, the company announced a bold diversification move; it was branching out into a new niche that had not been previously tapped by the big players in the gaming industry—urinals in public restrooms. From Fox news:
“The Sega ‘Toylet‘ features a screen mounted above a urinal wall that is equipped with pressure sensors. The unit’s five games are controlled by the pressure the user imparts on the urinal. Hundreds of units have already been sold to restaurants and pubs throughout Japan.
And from Mashable:
The system can only be used on urinals – so there’s no option out there for the ladies – and equipment reportedly starts at 140,000 yen (roughly $1750), with individual games running 10,000 yen ($125). Costs are for the gaming system, and not the actual urinal.
To see the Toylet in action, check out this video:
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention