August 2012 Issue (Volume 25, Number 8)
Today’s Facility Manager: August 2012
Tricks Of The Trade: Battery Operated Faucets, Data Management, and Pond Marshes | This long running TFM column is reintroduced with industry veteran Kevin Folsom digging in to answer reader questions about a variety of topics.
FM Frequency: Handling A Delicate Subject | An amendment to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requires workplaces to provide reasonable accommodations for nursing mothers.
Professional Development: Navigating Job Order Contracting | This procurement method enables facility managers to complete numerous projects with one contract.
The HVAC Factor: Energy Recovery Ventilation | Reducing the amount of new outdoor air required is possible with this type of technology.
Services & Maintenance: Lighting That Performs | Outfitting this building system to interact with others—such as HVAC and security—streamlines performance and energy use.
FM Issue: Signature Perimeter Security | Top managers at two prominent buildings provide insight on how to keep facilities safe.
Green Roof Trends: From LEED To RoofPoint | A recently launched sustainable guideline focuses on roofing and its specific characteristics.
Manufacturing Case Study: New And Improved | In Kansas City, MO, a greeting card maker has performed a sweeping overhaul of its facility.
To subscribe to TFM, visit this link.
You might like:
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Chicago’s Merchandise Mart To Install Distributed Energy Storage Technology
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable
- OSHA’s Top 10 Workplace Safety Violations for 2015
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices
- Friday Funny: Vote For America’s Top Potty
- Teamwork Towards Energy Reductions
- Channel Spotlight: The Lean Approach By Veritiv
- LEED Case Study: 100 Years Young
Topic Tags: TFM-Aug-2012