Georgia-Pacific Professional, a manufacturer of shop towels, industrial wipers, and other away-from-home products, is asking the public to help select the 2012 Brawny Industrial® Great American Worker. Voters can support their favorite of the top 10 finalists by registering to vote from now until September 18, 2012. The grand prize is a new Ford F-150 truck.
To recognize the community’s involvement, Georgia-Pacific Professional will enter each voter into a sweepstakes. One will win a tablet computer (with the approximate retail value of $199) and 25 second place winners will receive $50 worth of Georgia-Pacific products.
“Georgia-Pacific Professional selected the top 10 finalists whose submission essays are a strong reflection of excellence in the key pillars of a Great American Worker — safety, productivity and community involvement,” said Bill Tracey, Georgia-Pacific Professional vice president, wiper category. “Now, it is up to each finalist’s community to vote for their friend, family member, neighbor or fellow industry worker to become this year’s Great American Worker, who will take home a grand prize Ford F-150 truck.”
This year’s finalists represent dedicated workers in industries ranging from manufacturing to the military and from communities spanning the nation. Read the top contestants’ submission essays and vote for the winner by visiting the contest website.
- Andy J, Nacogdoches, TX
- Charles M, Rensselaer, NY
- Dennis L, Loudon, NH
- James S, Ypsilanti, MI
- Jason M, Pensacola, FL
- Kinsee O, Acworth, GA
- Nick H, Elsmere, KY
- Richard B, Boyce, LA
- Rose C, Pittsburgh, PA
- Thomas E, Hopewell, NJ
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades