Georgia-Pacific Professional, a manufacturer of shop towels, industrial wipers, and other away-from-home products, is asking the public to help select the 2012 Brawny Industrial® Great American Worker. Voters can support their favorite of the top 10 finalists by registering to vote from now until September 18, 2012. The grand prize is a new Ford F-150 truck.
To recognize the community’s involvement, Georgia-Pacific Professional will enter each voter into a sweepstakes. One will win a tablet computer (with the approximate retail value of $199) and 25 second place winners will receive $50 worth of Georgia-Pacific products.
“Georgia-Pacific Professional selected the top 10 finalists whose submission essays are a strong reflection of excellence in the key pillars of a Great American Worker — safety, productivity and community involvement,” said Bill Tracey, Georgia-Pacific Professional vice president, wiper category. “Now, it is up to each finalist’s community to vote for their friend, family member, neighbor or fellow industry worker to become this year’s Great American Worker, who will take home a grand prize Ford F-150 truck.”
This year’s finalists represent dedicated workers in industries ranging from manufacturing to the military and from communities spanning the nation. Read the top contestants’ submission essays and vote for the winner by visiting the contest website.
- Andy J, Nacogdoches, TX
- Charles M, Rensselaer, NY
- Dennis L, Loudon, NH
- James S, Ypsilanti, MI
- Jason M, Pensacola, FL
- Kinsee O, Acworth, GA
- Nick H, Elsmere, KY
- Richard B, Boyce, LA
- Rose C, Pittsburgh, PA
- Thomas E, Hopewell, NJ
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms