An image has been circulating on the Internet lately; you know, one of those memes that’s funny, but it also seems somewhat too good to be real. Sure enough, that’s the case with the following image. Take a look:
According to the original image, this is “Viagra’s head office in Toronto, Canada. Seriously, it is!” At least according to the meme. Alas, this is not true.
After a bit of research (also known as “fact checking”), it became pretty clear this was NOT “Viagra’s head office in Toronto” due to one major detail: Viagra was invented by scientists at Pfizer’s lab in Sandwich, Kent, UK—not Toronto.
So where is this place and is the shrubbery placement significant? Turns out, the “unfortunate topiary” may indeed be fitting. One of the tenants in the building (which is in Portland, OR, not Toronto, Canada) is the Portland Valve & Fitting Co. division of Swaglock, a company that designs, manufactures, and delivers an expanding range of fluid system products and solutions. It’s not Viagra, but hey….
For those of you interested in the exact street address of this building, it’s 815 Southeast Sherman Street Portland, OR 97214 (according to Google). Check out the view on Google street maps! (And while you’re at it, you may want to check out the landscaping on Google street view as well…)
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts