An image has been circulating on the Internet lately; you know, one of those memes that’s funny, but it also seems somewhat too good to be real. Sure enough, that’s the case with the following image. Take a look:
According to the original image, this is “Viagra’s head office in Toronto, Canada. Seriously, it is!” At least according to the meme. Alas, this is not true.
After a bit of research (also known as “fact checking”), it became pretty clear this was NOT “Viagra’s head office in Toronto” due to one major detail: Viagra was invented by scientists at Pfizer’s lab in Sandwich, Kent, UK—not Toronto.
So where is this place and is the shrubbery placement significant? Turns out, the “unfortunate topiary” may indeed be fitting. One of the tenants in the building (which is in Portland, OR, not Toronto, Canada) is the Portland Valve & Fitting Co. division of Swaglock, a company that designs, manufactures, and delivers an expanding range of fluid system products and solutions. It’s not Viagra, but hey….
For those of you interested in the exact street address of this building, it’s 815 Southeast Sherman Street Portland, OR 97214 (according to Google). Check out the view on Google street maps! (And while you’re at it, you may want to check out the landscaping on Google street view as well…)
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention