Greg Grainger, RPA®, CPM, CCIM, regional managing director of the North Texas region for Colliers International, will become chairman of the Board of Trustees at BOMI International effective August 17, 2012. Grainger is a long-time Board member and officer who is also active in related trade and professional organizations within the commercial real estate industry. Grainger fills the unexpired term of Dolores A. Bocian, RPA®, FMA®, who served as Chairman since her election in June 2011.
“Bocian decided to pursue an opportunity outside professional property and facility management,” said Jeffrey A. Horn, BOMI International’s president and CEO. “In order to devote the time and energy required for this new opportunity, she decided it was necessary for her to step down from the Board of Trustees. Bocian has done a remarkable job leading and representing the entire BOMI International organization, and we are all excited for her in this new chapter in her life. She devoted many years of service to our organization in addition to her Chairmanship, and we wish her all the best.”
Grainger explained that while it is disappointing to lose Bocian from the Board, “the direction she was instrumental in establishing for BOMI International will continue. Dolores has been a longstanding asset to BOMI International, as well as an outstanding, award winning property manager. We will miss her insightful leadership on the Board.”
Assuming the vice chairman position will be Jean Sayles-Jacobson, CFM. Sayles-Jacobson is the supervisor of facilities and space management for the Omaha Public Power District.
“I am pleased to announce Sayles-Jacobson as our new vice chairman,” said Grainger. “Jean has long played an important role on our Board, and her wisdom and experience will continue to be of great benefit on our path of ongoing success.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
Topic Tags: BOMI International