Pfannenberg, a thermal management and signaling technology company, has introduced PATROL Series PA X 5, a new line of 105 dB(A) industrial flashing sounders. Flashing sounders are used to alert occupants to hazardous situations or production problems in factories, water and waste treatment facilities, commercial offices, sports arenas, hotels, and other facilities.
The PATROL Series PA X 5 flashing sounder unit is designed as an integrated flashing sounder — rather than combining a sounder with a bolted-on flashing light. The lens cover is available in a variety of colors. The xenon strobe flash tube contains no filament to break and is secured by a steel clamp to protect it from abuse. There is a wide selection of acoustic tones which are electronically self-generated, and there are no moving parts, which enhances reliability for critical applications. The housing is a UV-resistant and flame-retardant polycarbonate/ABS blend and is offered in red, gray, or white to meet application requirements and building decor.
Each unit splits into two pieces for ease of installation, and the base portion facilitates wiring connections. Redundant contacts are provided for daisy-chaining of multiple units. The cover, with integrated sound capsule, is fitted to the base through fail-safe guides to ensure proper mechanical and electrical engagement. The cover secures quickly with 3/8 turn captive fasteners and incorporates a molded, captive gasket to ensure a positive IP 66 rated seal against dust and liquids, permitting use in most environments. The fasteners may be protected with an optional tamper-proof seal.
Performance features include 80 tones (by dip switch setting) including continuous, sweeping, alternating, pulsing, and interrupted tones as well as simulated bells, sirens, and whoops that meet international standards. Four tone stages are available at each setting, permitting one device to sound, for example, an evacuation tone, an all-clear tone, a time for lunch tone, and an end of shift tone. Frequency content of delivered tones has been engineered to deliver more “punch-through” of obstacles such as walls and doors for a wider area of coverage. The flashing strobe is available with either 5 Joule or 10 Joule flash energy to provide a noticeable level of alarming to suit the required area of visible coverage and hazard severity for the application.
The Pfannenberg Group is an international manufacturing company based in Hamburg, Germany. The company’s North American engineering and manufacturing facility is located near Buffalo, NY.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- York Chiller Mobile App
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- DCIM For Facility Management