Increasing demand for new applications is causing data centers to run out of power, even when the racks or rooms are half full. Data centers are typically provisioned based on the power consumption figures provided by the vendor on the server nameplate label. These figures are designed to be conservative and overstated, leaving much needed power stranded throughout the data center rather than being put to productive use.
The PAR4 Measurement Service provides the accurate power data needed to achieve best practices in data center power management and improve efficiency in energy management. The PAR4 Measurement Service includes:
- On-site visit by Power Assure technicians who perform all measurements using the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) tested PAR4 methodology and equipment, based on the UL2640 standard methodology;
- PAR4 measurements and certificates providing true power usage for every measured server at four power levels, powered off, idle, loaded, and peak, along with the waveform of the power cycle;
- Periodic access to additional measurements based on a customer’s hardware refresh cycle;
- Access to Power Assure’s award-winning EM/4 Energy Management Dashboard for rack and server performance monitoring and comparisons; and
- An upgrade path to EM/4 Capacity Planning, ROI and Lifecycle Analytics.
The PAR4 Measurement Service is immediately available, and Power Assure recommends customers test representative servers. The company offers a 10 pack Measurement Service completed in two days for $2,499, plus expenses.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation