It would appear that companies should be more concerned about their branding, as a new survey has revealed that 41% of Americans don’t trust companies whose logos they don’t find visually appealing. The research, conducted by http://thelogocompany.net, polled a total of 2,196 people from across the US as part of research into brands and marketing.
Respondents were initially asked what they thought about companies and brands whose logos they didn’t like, to which 41% said that they didn’t trust them. They were then asked if a company’s logo made a difference to whether they bought or used anything provided by them, to which 32% of those polled said that they wouldn’t buy or use anything from a company or brand whose logo they didn’t like.
When asked why they wouldn’t trust a company whose logo they didn’t like, 63% said it was because it made the brand look ‘cheap’ if they had a badly designed logo. Those polled were then asked to state the main reason they chose a new brand of product, to which the majority, 59%, said it was the packaging, while 38% said it was the logo. When asked what they thought made a good logo, 44% of people said they liked it to look ‘simple’, while 41% thought ‘color’ was more important.
Kevin Booth, operations director at TheLogoCompany.net, had the following to say:
“We weren’t all that surprised to find out that people might be put off by a bad logo, as we’ve seen quite a lot of shockers in our time. However, to find out that some people wouldn’t buy from or use a brand purely down to a poorly designed logo was quite interesting to see.”
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention