Two-Fifths Of Americans Don’t Trust Companies With Logos They Don’t Like
It would appear that companies should be more concerned about their branding, as a new survey has revealed that 41% of Americans don’t trust companies whose logos they don’t find visually appealing. The research, conducted by http://thelogocompany.net, polled a total of 2,196 people from across the US as part of research into brands and marketing.
Respondents were initially asked what they thought about companies and brands whose logos they didn’t like, to which 41% said that they didn’t trust them. They were then asked if a company’s logo made a difference to whether they bought or used anything provided by them, to which 32% of those polled said that they wouldn’t buy or use anything from a company or brand whose logo they didn’t like.
When asked why they wouldn’t trust a company whose logo they didn’t like, 63% said it was because it made the brand look ‘cheap’ if they had a badly designed logo. Those polled were then asked to state the main reason they chose a new brand of product, to which the majority, 59%, said it was the packaging, while 38% said it was the logo. When asked what they thought made a good logo, 44% of people said they liked it to look ‘simple’, while 41% thought ‘color’ was more important.
Kevin Booth, operations director at TheLogoCompany.net, had the following to say:
“We weren’t all that surprised to find out that people might be put off by a bad logo, as we’ve seen quite a lot of shockers in our time. However, to find out that some people wouldn’t buy from or use a brand purely down to a poorly designed logo was quite interesting to see.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices