It would appear that companies should be more concerned about their branding, as a new survey has revealed that 41% of Americans don’t trust companies whose logos they don’t find visually appealing. The research, conducted by http://thelogocompany.net, polled a total of 2,196 people from across the US as part of research into brands and marketing.
Respondents were initially asked what they thought about companies and brands whose logos they didn’t like, to which 41% said that they didn’t trust them. They were then asked if a company’s logo made a difference to whether they bought or used anything provided by them, to which 32% of those polled said that they wouldn’t buy or use anything from a company or brand whose logo they didn’t like.
When asked why they wouldn’t trust a company whose logo they didn’t like, 63% said it was because it made the brand look ‘cheap’ if they had a badly designed logo. Those polled were then asked to state the main reason they chose a new brand of product, to which the majority, 59%, said it was the packaging, while 38% said it was the logo. When asked what they thought made a good logo, 44% of people said they liked it to look ‘simple’, while 41% thought ‘color’ was more important.
Kevin Booth, operations director at TheLogoCompany.net, had the following to say:
“We weren’t all that surprised to find out that people might be put off by a bad logo, as we’ve seen quite a lot of shockers in our time. However, to find out that some people wouldn’t buy from or use a brand purely down to a poorly designed logo was quite interesting to see.”
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional