The light-capture and energy-conversion technology platforms underlying this 270-watt solar panel combine advances in materials, process, and design to achieve the high levels of energy output. This includes using advanced technology on the front of the cell to convert more light into electricity, modifying the back of the cell to increase electrical conductivity, and adding anti-reflective glass coatings that transmit more light while withstanding environmental degradation. Deploying these technology platforms, SolarWorld boosted its power density from 250-watt-peak to 270-watt-peak.
“SolarWorld is among the first manufacturers to bring 60-cell solar panels to market at these power densities,” said Kevin Kilkelly, president of SolarWorld Americas, the company’s commercial arm. “Other manufacturers who promote a 270-watt module have done so in a 72-cell configuration, which requires more mounting hardware, area, and labor and can increase the total cost of a solar installation.”
The 270-watt and 265-watt Sunmodule solar panels come with a 25-year linear warranty and 10-year product workmanship warranty. The panels feature a frame that accommodates both top-down and bottom-up mounting, eight possible grounding locations, and extended cable lengths to facilitate installation.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades