NEW PRODUCT FLASH: 270-Watt-Peak Sunmodule from SolarWorld
The light-capture and energy-conversion technology platforms underlying this 270-watt solar panel combine advances in materials, process, and design to achieve the high levels of energy output. This includes using advanced technology on the front of the cell to convert more light into electricity, modifying the back of the cell to increase electrical conductivity, and adding anti-reflective glass coatings that transmit more light while withstanding environmental degradation. Deploying these technology platforms, SolarWorld boosted its power density from 250-watt-peak to 270-watt-peak.
“SolarWorld is among the first manufacturers to bring 60-cell solar panels to market at these power densities,” said Kevin Kilkelly, president of SolarWorld Americas, the company’s commercial arm. “Other manufacturers who promote a 270-watt module have done so in a 72-cell configuration, which requires more mounting hardware, area, and labor and can increase the total cost of a solar installation.”
The 270-watt and 265-watt Sunmodule solar panels come with a 25-year linear warranty and 10-year product workmanship warranty. The panels feature a frame that accommodates both top-down and bottom-up mounting, eight possible grounding locations, and extended cable lengths to facilitate installation.
You might like:
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Chicago’s Merchandise Mart To Install Distributed Energy Storage Technology
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable
- Teamwork Towards Energy Reductions
- LEED Case Study: 100 Years Young
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices
- NIBS Developing New Building Information Modeling Guideline
- Channel Spotlight: The Lean Approach By Veritiv
- OSHA’s Top 10 Workplace Safety Violations for 2015