NEW PRODUCT FLASH: 270-Watt-Peak Sunmodule from SolarWorld
The light-capture and energy-conversion technology platforms underlying this 270-watt solar panel combine advances in materials, process, and design to achieve the high levels of energy output. This includes using advanced technology on the front of the cell to convert more light into electricity, modifying the back of the cell to increase electrical conductivity, and adding anti-reflective glass coatings that transmit more light while withstanding environmental degradation. Deploying these technology platforms, SolarWorld boosted its power density from 250-watt-peak to 270-watt-peak.
“SolarWorld is among the first manufacturers to bring 60-cell solar panels to market at these power densities,” said Kevin Kilkelly, president of SolarWorld Americas, the company’s commercial arm. “Other manufacturers who promote a 270-watt module have done so in a 72-cell configuration, which requires more mounting hardware, area, and labor and can increase the total cost of a solar installation.”
The 270-watt and 265-watt Sunmodule solar panels come with a 25-year linear warranty and 10-year product workmanship warranty. The panels feature a frame that accommodates both top-down and bottom-up mounting, eight possible grounding locations, and extended cable lengths to facilitate installation.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ