The light-capture and energy-conversion technology platforms underlying this 270-watt solar panel combine advances in materials, process, and design to achieve the high levels of energy output. This includes using advanced technology on the front of the cell to convert more light into electricity, modifying the back of the cell to increase electrical conductivity, and adding anti-reflective glass coatings that transmit more light while withstanding environmental degradation. Deploying these technology platforms, SolarWorld boosted its power density from 250-watt-peak to 270-watt-peak.
“SolarWorld is among the first manufacturers to bring 60-cell solar panels to market at these power densities,” said Kevin Kilkelly, president of SolarWorld Americas, the company’s commercial arm. “Other manufacturers who promote a 270-watt module have done so in a 72-cell configuration, which requires more mounting hardware, area, and labor and can increase the total cost of a solar installation.”
The 270-watt and 265-watt Sunmodule solar panels come with a 25-year linear warranty and 10-year product workmanship warranty. The panels feature a frame that accommodates both top-down and bottom-up mounting, eight possible grounding locations, and extended cable lengths to facilitate installation.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention