Sustainability is probably one of the most commonly used buzzwords heard in both boardrooms and back offices these days. Facility management professionals are constantly being bombarded with green initiatives that support corporate sustainability efforts and reduce the bottom line. But rarely is this concept tackled in a way that’s both fun and informative…until now.
Scott Cooney, green business author and eco-entrepreneur, has created a game of the times: GBO (Green Business Owner) Hawai’i. The goal of the business is to get players (aka “investors”) to achieve the best triple bottom line return on their investments.
Throughout the course of the game, investors are given opportunities to support businesses that help Hawai’i create clean energy, support local and sustainable food, and reduce waste. Players earn dividends and create good green jobs in the process. By having the best overall rank on green job creation, eco-credits, and profits, the player wins the game.
Players can invest in eco-businesses such as sustainable forestry operations, wind farms, green builders, algae biofuels processors, and sea water air conditioning (SWAC) technologies. Players must line up the skill sets of their human resource cards with the needs of the businesses they’re looking to start. For example, clean tech engineers are required for most renewable energy ventures. And players navigate public policy changes that influence their investments. Meanwhile, random events keep players on their toes with both positive and negative developments.
GBO Hawai’i is a sustainability themed board game for ages 13 and up, designed to help students and adults understand sustainability from a business perspective as well as a public interest one. And it can quickly adapt to become a more portable and faster playing card game—or switch back to the board game—in a matter of seconds.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
Topic Tags: GBO Hawaii