Global FM, the Global Facility Management Association, is holding its final three events of 2012: the last two international workshops of the cycle, “The New Economy, the Right Time and the Right Place for FM,‟ will take place in Brazil and the U.S. Also in the U.S., Global FM will reveal the 2012 winners of the Global FM Awards for Excellence in Facilities Management.
Awards Of Excellence
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012, Global FM representatives will announce the winners of the third annual Global FM Awards for Excellence in Facilities Management (FM). The event will take place during IFMA’s World Workplace Conference & Expo 2012 in San Antonio, TX. Various FM projects from around the world will be recognized in this global competition.
In preparation for the event, a panel of distinguished judges reviewed a dozen applications coming from South Africa, Brazil, France, U.K., and the U.S., and deliberated on the winners for three categories: platinum, gold, and silver. Bill Conley, chair of Global FM‟s awards task force, stated, “As organizations embrace globalization, it is imperative that facilities managers learn from the most successful operations around the world. No longer must facility managers (fms) stay within geographic boundaries to determine best practices. The Global FM Awards for Excellence program avails all facilities professionals the ability to share and understand what is transpiring on the global stage. It is a rare opportunity that reaches beyond the horizon for creative and innovative ideas.”
2012 International Workshops
The 2012 series of international workshops will finish with two workshops scheduled for October in Brazil and the U.S.
Isilay Civan chair of Global FM‟s International Workshops Taskforce states, “The Global FM
International Workshops task force aims to assist its member associations by holding productive
and effective international workshops, which will, in return, help increase the recognition of fm
professionals worldwide. In an effort to streamline the process and document the outcomes
of each workshop, a couple of guidelines have been prepared. Through the continuous reporting
of such outcomes, we are planning to issue annual year-end-reports documenting the issues
discussed by all member organisations at various workshops, resulting in a truly global outlook at
the theme covered for the year.”
The International Workshop in Brazil will be hosted by ABRAFAC, the Associação Brasileira de Facilities. The event is scheduled for Tuesday, October 23, at AmCham Business Centre in São Paulo, Brazil. The panel of speakers includes Lionel Cottin (ARSEG), Washington Botelho (ISS), and Paul Carder (Occupiers Journal Limited), together with local speakers yet to be confirmed. The Brazil International Workshop will focus on efficiency in facilities management.
Integrated in the program of IFMA‟s World Workplace Conference & Expo 2012, the Global FM
International Workshop will gather as speakers Mauro Campos (Firmenich and ABRAFAC),
Matthew Sheldrick (Qube Global Software), Oscar Chan (Macau Institute of Management), Sean Bond (ISS), and Paul Carder (Occupiers Journal Limited). The event will take place on Thursday, November 1, in San Antonio, TX.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades