The Verifi™ bed bug detector from FMC Corporation provides continuous detection of bed bugs for up to 90 days at a time in a compact device. After three months of active detection, Verifi can be reactivated with replacement components.
Facility managers can have a pest management professional install the device for year round monitoring in classrooms, dormitories, group homes, offices, hospitals, and other areas where bed bugs may become a problem. About the size of a carbon monoxide detector, Verifi is designed to be unobtrusive, operate silently, and not require occupants to vacate the room.
The detection technology in Verifi works via an exclusive, patent pending combination of three bed bug attractants, including:
- A CO2 generating cartridge which mimics a living, breathing host;
- A liquid kairomone lure that works to attract bed bugs seeking a meal by mimicking a host; and
- A liquid pheromone lure that encourages bed bugs to aggregate in the device.
“In addition, the Verifi design ensures that the lures are vented appropriately so that there are no mixed signals,” said Catherine Bernard, product manager of the pest segment at FMC. “Hungry bed bugs are attracted to the kairomones (CO2 and the liquid kairomone lure) vented through the pitfall where they will fall in and cannot escape. An aggregation pheromone vents out the back toward the harborage, which is designed to create a favorable environment for bed bugs to hide.”
Verifi provides multiple levels of active detection. It helps detect current infestations and gives facility managers and their pest management professionals the information required to define an effective treatment program. After treatment, Verifi can be used to confirm that treatments were successful and provide ongoing detection to ensure that bed bugs are gone or to identify any new bed bugs that are introduced.
Verifi is not a bed bug control product; it is intended for detection of bed bugs only and does not prevent, destroy, repel, or mitigate bed bugs or any other pest. FMC offers a variety of products and formulations registered for control bed bugs, as well as other economically important pests.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation