NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Verifi by FMC Corporation
The Verifi™ bed bug detector from FMC Corporation provides continuous detection of bed bugs for up to 90 days at a time in a compact device. After three months of active detection, Verifi can be reactivated with replacement components.
Facility managers can have a pest management professional install the device for year round monitoring in classrooms, dormitories, group homes, offices, hospitals, and other areas where bed bugs may become a problem. About the size of a carbon monoxide detector, Verifi is designed to be unobtrusive, operate silently, and not require occupants to vacate the room.
The detection technology in Verifi works via an exclusive, patent pending combination of three bed bug attractants, including:
- A CO2 generating cartridge which mimics a living, breathing host;
- A liquid kairomone lure that works to attract bed bugs seeking a meal by mimicking a host; and
- A liquid pheromone lure that encourages bed bugs to aggregate in the device.
“In addition, the Verifi design ensures that the lures are vented appropriately so that there are no mixed signals,” said Catherine Bernard, product manager of the pest segment at FMC. “Hungry bed bugs are attracted to the kairomones (CO2 and the liquid kairomone lure) vented through the pitfall where they will fall in and cannot escape. An aggregation pheromone vents out the back toward the harborage, which is designed to create a favorable environment for bed bugs to hide.”
Verifi provides multiple levels of active detection. It helps detect current infestations and gives facility managers and their pest management professionals the information required to define an effective treatment program. After treatment, Verifi can be used to confirm that treatments were successful and provide ongoing detection to ensure that bed bugs are gone or to identify any new bed bugs that are introduced.
Verifi is not a bed bug control product; it is intended for detection of bed bugs only and does not prevent, destroy, repel, or mitigate bed bugs or any other pest. FMC offers a variety of products and formulations registered for control bed bugs, as well as other economically important pests.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.