The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has announced the preliminary Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety violations for fiscal year 2012. Patrick Kapust, deputy director of OSHA’s Directorate of Enforcement Programs, presented the Top 10 at the National Safety Council (NSC) Congress & Expo.
“While great progress has been made in safety over the past 100 years, today’s presentation reminds us there is more to be done to make our workplaces safer,” said NSC President and CEO Janet Froetscher.
The Top 10 for FY 2012 are:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501) Total violations: 7,250
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200) Total violations: 4,696
- Scaffolding (1926.451) Total violations: 3,814
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134) Total violations: 2,371
- Ladders (1926.1053) Total violations: 2,310
- Machine Guarding (1910.212) Total violations: 2,097
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178) Total violations: 1,993
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305) Total violations: 1,744
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147) Total violations: 1,572
- Electrical – General Requirements (1910.303) Total violations: 1,332
Founded in 1913 and chartered by Congress, the NSC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education, and advocacy. NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government agencies, elected officials, and the public in areas where the most impact can be made—workplace safety and beyond.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention