OSHA’s Top 10 Violations For 2012 Announced
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has announced the preliminary Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety violations for fiscal year 2012. Patrick Kapust, deputy director of OSHA’s Directorate of Enforcement Programs, presented the Top 10 at the National Safety Council (NSC) Congress & Expo.
“While great progress has been made in safety over the past 100 years, today’s presentation reminds us there is more to be done to make our workplaces safer,” said NSC President and CEO Janet Froetscher.
The Top 10 for FY 2012 are:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501) Total violations: 7,250
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200) Total violations: 4,696
- Scaffolding (1926.451) Total violations: 3,814
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134) Total violations: 2,371
- Ladders (1926.1053) Total violations: 2,310
- Machine Guarding (1910.212) Total violations: 2,097
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178) Total violations: 1,993
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305) Total violations: 1,744
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147) Total violations: 1,572
- Electrical – General Requirements (1910.303) Total violations: 1,332
Founded in 1913 and chartered by Congress, the NSC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education, and advocacy. NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government agencies, elected officials, and the public in areas where the most impact can be made—workplace safety and beyond.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Facilities Generate Revenue With Frequency Regulation