OSHA’s Top 10 Violations For 2012 Announced
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has announced the preliminary Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety violations for fiscal year 2012. Patrick Kapust, deputy director of OSHA’s Directorate of Enforcement Programs, presented the Top 10 at the National Safety Council (NSC) Congress & Expo.
“While great progress has been made in safety over the past 100 years, today’s presentation reminds us there is more to be done to make our workplaces safer,” said NSC President and CEO Janet Froetscher.
The Top 10 for FY 2012 are:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501) Total violations: 7,250
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200) Total violations: 4,696
- Scaffolding (1926.451) Total violations: 3,814
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134) Total violations: 2,371
- Ladders (1926.1053) Total violations: 2,310
- Machine Guarding (1910.212) Total violations: 2,097
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178) Total violations: 1,993
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305) Total violations: 1,744
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147) Total violations: 1,572
- Electrical – General Requirements (1910.303) Total violations: 1,332
Founded in 1913 and chartered by Congress, the NSC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education, and advocacy. NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government agencies, elected officials, and the public in areas where the most impact can be made—workplace safety and beyond.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.