The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has announced the preliminary Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety violations for fiscal year 2012. Patrick Kapust, deputy director of OSHA’s Directorate of Enforcement Programs, presented the Top 10 at the National Safety Council (NSC) Congress & Expo.
“While great progress has been made in safety over the past 100 years, today’s presentation reminds us there is more to be done to make our workplaces safer,” said NSC President and CEO Janet Froetscher.
The Top 10 for FY 2012 are:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501) Total violations: 7,250
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200) Total violations: 4,696
- Scaffolding (1926.451) Total violations: 3,814
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134) Total violations: 2,371
- Ladders (1926.1053) Total violations: 2,310
- Machine Guarding (1910.212) Total violations: 2,097
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178) Total violations: 1,993
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305) Total violations: 1,744
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147) Total violations: 1,572
- Electrical – General Requirements (1910.303) Total violations: 1,332
Founded in 1913 and chartered by Congress, the NSC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education, and advocacy. NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government agencies, elected officials, and the public in areas where the most impact can be made—workplace safety and beyond.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management