QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Property Manager vs. Facility Manager
This Question of the Week comes from the Facilities Management Professionals International Group on Linkedin.
In practice, where do you draw a distinction between the role of a Property Manager and that of a Facilities Manager? In the few short months I’ve been working in the industry, I have found that clients often seem to expect to get both services in a sort of buy one get one free package. I am keen to find out whether this is common practice, because so far I’ve found it seems to dilute the effectiveness of what you might be trying to achieve in each field.
Perhaps this might be the case only in countries where the FM profession isn’t fully defined yet? In any case, what would you do to stay out of that awkward grey area?
Commercial Management Graduate
Share your feedback and suggestions in the LEAVE A COMMENT section below.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
Topic Tags: Property Management