What does it cost to run the same building in all major cities in North America? A new Whitestone study compares operating and maintenance (O&M) cost for a benchmark office building in all major cities across North America.
Whitestone found the highest costs for a typical office building are $18.01 USD per square foot in Honolulu, while lowest costs are $5.45 in Mexico City. The complete list of costs for all major North American cities is presented in the Whitestone Facility Operating Cost Reference 2012-2013, North America Version.
Updated annually, the reference is a source for understanding how costs vary for 74 building types and 11 types of costs, including custodial services, energy, grounds, maintenance and repair, management, pest control, refuse, road clearance, telecommunications, and water and sewer.
To order the Whitestone Facility Operations Cost Reference 2012-2013, North America Version, visit this link.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management