What does it cost to run the same building in all major cities in North America? A new Whitestone study compares operating and maintenance (O&M) cost for a benchmark office building in all major cities across North America.
Whitestone found the highest costs for a typical office building are $18.01 USD per square foot in Honolulu, while lowest costs are $5.45 in Mexico City. The complete list of costs for all major North American cities is presented in the Whitestone Facility Operating Cost Reference 2012-2013, North America Version.
Updated annually, the reference is a source for understanding how costs vary for 74 building types and 11 types of costs, including custodial services, energy, grounds, maintenance and repair, management, pest control, refuse, road clearance, telecommunications, and water and sewer.
To order the Whitestone Facility Operations Cost Reference 2012-2013, North America Version, visit this link.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs