What does it cost to run the same building in all major cities in North America? A new Whitestone study compares operating and maintenance (O&M) cost for a benchmark office building in all major cities across North America.
Whitestone found the highest costs for a typical office building are $18.01 USD per square foot in Honolulu, while lowest costs are $5.45 in Mexico City. The complete list of costs for all major North American cities is presented in the Whitestone Facility Operating Cost Reference 2012-2013, North America Version.
Updated annually, the reference is a source for understanding how costs vary for 74 building types and 11 types of costs, including custodial services, energy, grounds, maintenance and repair, management, pest control, refuse, road clearance, telecommunications, and water and sewer.
To order the Whitestone Facility Operations Cost Reference 2012-2013, North America Version, visit this link.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms