The Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE), a non-profit national and international organization that advances causes and supports the professional development relating to building maintenance, operations, and engineering, has announced the appointment of Wayne P. Saya, Sr. CPE (Certified Plant Engineer) as its new executive director. Saya replaces former Executive Director Dr. Wayne Carley, who resigned from AFE on October 29, 2012 citing personal obligations.
Saya, of Nashua, NH, most recently served as AFE’s president and chairman of the national board of directors. He assumed the role of interim executive director following Carley’s sudden departure.
Shortly thereafter, the board recommended and unanimously appointed Saya as the new executive director, demonstrating its confidence in him to be the best candidate for continuing the organization’s current and emerging operational oversight of its members, educational programs, and corporate office. Upon acceptance of this new role with the association, Saya stepped down as president and now answers to the board he recently chaired.
AFE spokesperson Talisa Thomas-Hall explains, “Saya will use his reputation of trust amongst his peers and professional accomplishments to guide AFE through the progressive agenda established by the board of directors while under his chairmanship.”
Saya’s accomplishments include serving as a director within prominent companies such as the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, Whittier Partners of CB Richard Ellis Boston, Tufts University, and most recently with UGL Services, North America, now DTZ. As a Certified Plant Engineer, Saya is an instructor for AFE’s Plant Engineer (CPE) and Plant Maintenance Manager (CPMM) certification program. Saya is recognized as a pioneer in early micro-circuit technology, holding the United States Patent for one of the country’s first wireless alarm systems, incorporating frequency-hopping (jam proofing) technology; and has authored The Art of Understanding Your Building’s Personality.
Saya is currently a member of the High-Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition (HPBCCC), a private sector coalition overseen by the Government Services Administration (GSA) providing guidance and support to the High-Performance Building Caucus of the U.S. Congress. He serves on numerous other committees, including the AFE Corporate Relations Council (which he founded and chairs), that help to identify and respond to the evolving needs and trends within the facilities engineering profession.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- York Chiller Mobile App
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month