The Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE), a non-profit national and international organization that advances causes and supports the professional development relating to building maintenance, operations, and engineering, has announced the appointment of Wayne P. Saya, Sr. CPE (Certified Plant Engineer) as its new executive director. Saya replaces former Executive Director Dr. Wayne Carley, who resigned from AFE on October 29, 2012 citing personal obligations.
Saya, of Nashua, NH, most recently served as AFE’s president and chairman of the national board of directors. He assumed the role of interim executive director following Carley’s sudden departure.
Shortly thereafter, the board recommended and unanimously appointed Saya as the new executive director, demonstrating its confidence in him to be the best candidate for continuing the organization’s current and emerging operational oversight of its members, educational programs, and corporate office. Upon acceptance of this new role with the association, Saya stepped down as president and now answers to the board he recently chaired.
AFE spokesperson Talisa Thomas-Hall explains, “Saya will use his reputation of trust amongst his peers and professional accomplishments to guide AFE through the progressive agenda established by the board of directors while under his chairmanship.”
Saya’s accomplishments include serving as a director within prominent companies such as the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, Whittier Partners of CB Richard Ellis Boston, Tufts University, and most recently with UGL Services, North America, now DTZ. As a Certified Plant Engineer, Saya is an instructor for AFE’s Plant Engineer (CPE) and Plant Maintenance Manager (CPMM) certification program. Saya is recognized as a pioneer in early micro-circuit technology, holding the United States Patent for one of the country’s first wireless alarm systems, incorporating frequency-hopping (jam proofing) technology; and has authored The Art of Understanding Your Building’s Personality.
Saya is currently a member of the High-Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition (HPBCCC), a private sector coalition overseen by the Government Services Administration (GSA) providing guidance and support to the High-Performance Building Caucus of the U.S. Congress. He serves on numerous other committees, including the AFE Corporate Relations Council (which he founded and chairs), that help to identify and respond to the evolving needs and trends within the facilities engineering profession.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation