AFE Appoints New Executive Director
The Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE), a non-profit national and international organization that advances causes and supports the professional development relating to building maintenance, operations, and engineering, has announced the appointment of Wayne P. Saya, Sr. CPE (Certified Plant Engineer) as its new executive director. Saya replaces former Executive Director Dr. Wayne Carley, who resigned from AFE on October 29, 2012 citing personal obligations.
Saya, of Nashua, NH, most recently served as AFE’s president and chairman of the national board of directors. He assumed the role of interim executive director following Carley’s sudden departure.
Shortly thereafter, the board recommended and unanimously appointed Saya as the new executive director, demonstrating its confidence in him to be the best candidate for continuing the organization’s current and emerging operational oversight of its members, educational programs, and corporate office. Upon acceptance of this new role with the association, Saya stepped down as president and now answers to the board he recently chaired.
AFE spokesperson Talisa Thomas-Hall explains, “Saya will use his reputation of trust amongst his peers and professional accomplishments to guide AFE through the progressive agenda established by the board of directors while under his chairmanship.”
Saya’s accomplishments include serving as a director within prominent companies such as the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, Whittier Partners of CB Richard Ellis Boston, Tufts University, and most recently with UGL Services, North America, now DTZ. As a Certified Plant Engineer, Saya is an instructor for AFE’s Plant Engineer (CPE) and Plant Maintenance Manager (CPMM) certification program. Saya is recognized as a pioneer in early micro-circuit technology, holding the United States Patent for one of the country’s first wireless alarm systems, incorporating frequency-hopping (jam proofing) technology; and has authored The Art of Understanding Your Building’s Personality.
Saya is currently a member of the High-Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition (HPBCCC), a private sector coalition overseen by the Government Services Administration (GSA) providing guidance and support to the High-Performance Building Caucus of the U.S. Congress. He serves on numerous other committees, including the AFE Corporate Relations Council (which he founded and chairs), that help to identify and respond to the evolving needs and trends within the facilities engineering profession.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.