BOMI International To Release 2013 Edition Of Environmental Health And Safety Issues Course
BOMI International will begin offering the 2013 edition of the U.S. Environmental Health and Safety Issues course as of January 1, 2013. The goal of this course is to help facility management professionals meet the challenge of providing a safe and healthy work environment for building occupants and employees. Participation in this course will allow students to learn how to:
- Manage and audit compliance of properties to codes and standards;
- Assess the health of target properties prior to acquisition;
- Reduce a property’s environmental footprint through sound planning, management, and leadership;
- Take a proactive approach to emergency response and communication;
- Manage IAQ/IEQ, hazardous substances, lead and asbestos mitigation, and other environmental issues; and
- Stay on top of developments regarding EPA, OSHA, CERCLA, SARA, ADA, and other government entities and regulations.
The course takes the approach of building a comprehensive environmental health and safety (EHS) program from the bottom up. The focus is on enhancing EHS management skills to ensure effective implementation of the program. The management strategies emphasized, when applied, can minimize the risks and liability inherent in operating buildings and the equipment in them.
Students in the course will engage in a case study and interactive problem-solving activities designed to assist them in mastering key learning concepts. In the classroom, students will collaborate with their peers on how to develop and manage a proactive EHS program.
“The combination of advanced competencies offered in this new edition ensures managers thoroughly understand all regulations impacting themselves, their organizations, and the buildings/facilities they manage so they can execute a proper environmental health and safety program and succeed in avoiding costly litigation for noncompliance,” said Jeffrey Horn, president and CEO of BOMI International.
Environmental Health and Safety Issues is a required course in BOMI International’s Real Property Administrator (RPA®), Facilities Management Administrator (FMA®), and Systems Maintenance Administrator (SMA®) designation programs. The course may also be used to earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for those in the industry.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ