Based on the requirements affiliated with the Federal Building Personal Training Act (FBPTA), the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) worked with key industry resources to develop 232 core competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities) individuals need to perform key job functions in property and facility management. The identified competencies were aligned in a matrix with recognized industry education providers who offer courses, certifications/accreditations, degrees, licenses, and registrations.
Based on the competency alignment process, the final GSA matrix reveals that out of 87 industry programs:
- BOMI International’s Real Property Administrator (RPA®) designation program ranks first, meeting nearly 90% of the competencies.
- BOMI International’s Facility Management Administrator (FMA®) designation program ranks second, meeting in excess of 76% of the competencies.
“As evidenced in the matrix, BOMI International strives to provide industry specific education programs that enhance the qualifications and productivity of property and facility professionals,” said Jeffrey Horn, president and CEO of BOMI International. “The efforts of our entire organization continue to position us as a trusted educational resource to government agencies, corporations, and industry associations. It’s a very good feeling to know that employers and employees are turning to our programs to gain the critical knowledge and skills needed for personal and organizational success.”
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention