Based on the requirements affiliated with the Federal Building Personal Training Act (FBPTA), the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) worked with key industry resources to develop 232 core competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities) individuals need to perform key job functions in property and facility management. The identified competencies were aligned in a matrix with recognized industry education providers who offer courses, certifications/accreditations, degrees, licenses, and registrations.
Based on the competency alignment process, the final GSA matrix reveals that out of 87 industry programs:
- BOMI International’s Real Property Administrator (RPA®) designation program ranks first, meeting nearly 90% of the competencies.
- BOMI International’s Facility Management Administrator (FMA®) designation program ranks second, meeting in excess of 76% of the competencies.
“As evidenced in the matrix, BOMI International strives to provide industry specific education programs that enhance the qualifications and productivity of property and facility professionals,” said Jeffrey Horn, president and CEO of BOMI International. “The efforts of our entire organization continue to position us as a trusted educational resource to government agencies, corporations, and industry associations. It’s a very good feeling to know that employers and employees are turning to our programs to gain the critical knowledge and skills needed for personal and organizational success.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management