In the wake of Hurricane Sandy and the superstorm it spawned in the Northeastern United States, manufacturers represented by the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) have increased production to meet the unexpected increased demand for residential and light commercial boilers, furnaces, and heat pumps.
At this point in a typical year, much of this equipment has already been manufactured and shipped to distributors, so manufacturers and parts suppliers have quickly ramped up production to meet the unexpected and unprecedented need for these products. “Manufacturers could not have predicted this spike in demand during what is typically a slower manufacturing period for heating products,” said AHRI President and CEO Stephen Yurek. “But they are making every effort to provide these products to consumers and small businesses as quickly as possible so their lives can begin to return to normal,” he said.
As one manufacturer put it, “We understand the importance of getting heat back on in people’s homes all across the most hard-hit areas in New York and New Jersey, and we are doing everything we can to accelerate our manufacturing to meet such a significant spike in demand. We are shipping every piece of equipment we can manufacture as quickly as possible.”
The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) is the trade association representing manufacturers of air conditioning, heating, commercial refrigeration, and water heating equipment. An internationally recognized advocate for the industry, AHRI develops standards for and certifies the performance of many of these products. AHRI’s 309 member companies manufacture quality, efficient, and innovative residential and commercial air conditioning, space heating, water heating, and commercial refrigeration equipment and components for sale in North America and around the world.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention