Heating Equipment Manufacturers Working Hard to Meet Increased Demand in Wake of Hurricane Sandy
In the wake of Hurricane Sandy and the superstorm it spawned in the Northeastern United States, manufacturers represented by the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) have increased production to meet the unexpected increased demand for residential and light commercial boilers, furnaces, and heat pumps.
At this point in a typical year, much of this equipment has already been manufactured and shipped to distributors, so manufacturers and parts suppliers have quickly ramped up production to meet the unexpected and unprecedented need for these products. “Manufacturers could not have predicted this spike in demand during what is typically a slower manufacturing period for heating products,” said AHRI President and CEO Stephen Yurek. “But they are making every effort to provide these products to consumers and small businesses as quickly as possible so their lives can begin to return to normal,” he said.
As one manufacturer put it, “We understand the importance of getting heat back on in people’s homes all across the most hard-hit areas in New York and New Jersey, and we are doing everything we can to accelerate our manufacturing to meet such a significant spike in demand. We are shipping every piece of equipment we can manufacture as quickly as possible.”
The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) is the trade association representing manufacturers of air conditioning, heating, commercial refrigeration, and water heating equipment. An internationally recognized advocate for the industry, AHRI develops standards for and certifies the performance of many of these products. AHRI’s 309 member companies manufacture quality, efficient, and innovative residential and commercial air conditioning, space heating, water heating, and commercial refrigeration equipment and components for sale in North America and around the world.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ