At the request of New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, Urban Green Council will convene a special Building Resiliency Task Force of leaders in the NYC real estate community. The charge of the Task Force is to take an in-depth look at how to prepare city buildings for future storms and infrastructure failures.
Urban Green Council will be working with the City Council to identify key stakeholders and potential Task Force members in the coming weeks. Work will begin immediately, with plans to release recommendations by the summer of 2013.
“I can’t think of a more critical and timely project for our organization right now,” says Urban Green Executive Director Russell Unger. “Resiliency has always been an important component of sustainable building, but now it’s really front and center. We are honored to take on this task at the request of the Speaker.”
Urban Green Council is a center for urban green building policy development, assisting with New York City’s Greener, Greater Buildings Plan and leading the NYC Green Codes Task Force. In addition, Urban Green Council is leader in sustainability education and outreach. Current programs include:
- Technical workshops for architects and engineers;
- Conferences and educational sessions addressing leading urban sustainability issues;
- Outreach to New York City building owners and operators on new energy legislation;
- GPRO, a national training program for building trades, contractors, and operators.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention