At the request of New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, Urban Green Council will convene a special Building Resiliency Task Force of leaders in the NYC real estate community. The charge of the Task Force is to take an in-depth look at how to prepare city buildings for future storms and infrastructure failures.
Urban Green Council will be working with the City Council to identify key stakeholders and potential Task Force members in the coming weeks. Work will begin immediately, with plans to release recommendations by the summer of 2013.
“I can’t think of a more critical and timely project for our organization right now,” says Urban Green Executive Director Russell Unger. “Resiliency has always been an important component of sustainable building, but now it’s really front and center. We are honored to take on this task at the request of the Speaker.”
Urban Green Council is a center for urban green building policy development, assisting with New York City’s Greener, Greater Buildings Plan and leading the NYC Green Codes Task Force. In addition, Urban Green Council is leader in sustainability education and outreach. Current programs include:
- Technical workshops for architects and engineers;
- Conferences and educational sessions addressing leading urban sustainability issues;
- Outreach to New York City building owners and operators on new energy legislation;
- GPRO, a national training program for building trades, contractors, and operators.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management