Staples Facility Solutions, part of the business to business arm of Staples, has pledged to assist in the advancement the facility management profession by presenting a Rochester Institute of Technology student, Tushar Patel, with a scholarship check for $4,000. The scholarship was awarded at the International Facility Management (IFMA) World Workplace 2012 event held in San Antonio, TX.
The RIT student received two awards from Staples—the 2012 Facility Management Scholarship and the Staples IFMA Scholarship. In an effort to support this growing and crucial profession, Staples Facility Solutions will be awarding $15,000 in scholarships around the country over the next few months to students who are studying to become facility managers.
As buildings become increasingly complex and businesses invest in more sophisticated systems, there’s a huge need for an educated facility manager to coordinate all operations and ensure a company’s employees can perform their jobs most effectively. These scholarships will help prepare students to do just that.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation