Staples Facility Solutions, part of the business to business arm of Staples, has pledged to assist in the advancement the facility management profession by presenting a Rochester Institute of Technology student, Tushar Patel, with a scholarship check for $4,000. The scholarship was awarded at the International Facility Management (IFMA) World Workplace 2012 event held in San Antonio, TX.
The RIT student received two awards from Staples—the 2012 Facility Management Scholarship and the Staples IFMA Scholarship. In an effort to support this growing and crucial profession, Staples Facility Solutions will be awarding $15,000 in scholarships around the country over the next few months to students who are studying to become facility managers.
As buildings become increasingly complex and businesses invest in more sophisticated systems, there’s a huge need for an educated facility manager to coordinate all operations and ensure a company’s employees can perform their jobs most effectively. These scholarships will help prepare students to do just that.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts