Staples Facility Solutions, part of the business to business arm of Staples, has pledged to assist in the advancement the facility management profession by presenting a Rochester Institute of Technology student, Tushar Patel, with a scholarship check for $4,000. The scholarship was awarded at the International Facility Management (IFMA) World Workplace 2012 event held in San Antonio, TX.
The RIT student received two awards from Staples—the 2012 Facility Management Scholarship and the Staples IFMA Scholarship. In an effort to support this growing and crucial profession, Staples Facility Solutions will be awarding $15,000 in scholarships around the country over the next few months to students who are studying to become facility managers.
As buildings become increasingly complex and businesses invest in more sophisticated systems, there’s a huge need for an educated facility manager to coordinate all operations and ensure a company’s employees can perform their jobs most effectively. These scholarships will help prepare students to do just that.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management