Staples Facility Solutions, part of the business to business arm of Staples, has pledged to assist in the advancement the facility management profession by presenting a Rochester Institute of Technology student, Tushar Patel, with a scholarship check for $4,000. The scholarship was awarded at the International Facility Management (IFMA) World Workplace 2012 event held in San Antonio, TX.
The RIT student received two awards from Staples—the 2012 Facility Management Scholarship and the Staples IFMA Scholarship. In an effort to support this growing and crucial profession, Staples Facility Solutions will be awarding $15,000 in scholarships around the country over the next few months to students who are studying to become facility managers.
As buildings become increasingly complex and businesses invest in more sophisticated systems, there’s a huge need for an educated facility manager to coordinate all operations and ensure a company’s employees can perform their jobs most effectively. These scholarships will help prepare students to do just that.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- Physical Security Planning
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Schneider Electric Introduces AccessXpert