Staples Facility Solutions, part of the business to business arm of Staples, has pledged to assist in the advancement the facility management profession by presenting a Rochester Institute of Technology student, Tushar Patel, with a scholarship check for $4,000. The scholarship was awarded at the International Facility Management (IFMA) World Workplace 2012 event held in San Antonio, TX.
The RIT student received two awards from Staples—the 2012 Facility Management Scholarship and the Staples IFMA Scholarship. In an effort to support this growing and crucial profession, Staples Facility Solutions will be awarding $15,000 in scholarships around the country over the next few months to students who are studying to become facility managers.
As buildings become increasingly complex and businesses invest in more sophisticated systems, there’s a huge need for an educated facility manager to coordinate all operations and ensure a company’s employees can perform their jobs most effectively. These scholarships will help prepare students to do just that.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention