By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the October 2012 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Is there an industry standard for housekeepers and maintenance technicians per square foot of healthcare facilities?
Southeast Colorado Hospital
A The Association of Higher Education Facility Officers (APPA) does, and this information can be found in the group’s staffing guidelines. The association also has other resources to help with this; you can conduct a search in the Bookstore section of the association’s website with the word “guideline.”
Often higher education organizations also have hospitals, but if you specifically want something for hospitals I would encourage you to contact the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association (AHA).
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Cyber Security In Real Estate