By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the October 2012 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Is there an industry standard for housekeepers and maintenance technicians per square foot of healthcare facilities?
Southeast Colorado Hospital
A The Association of Higher Education Facility Officers (APPA) does, and this information can be found in the group’s staffing guidelines. The association also has other resources to help with this; you can conduct a search in the Bookstore section of the association’s website with the word “guideline.”
Often higher education organizations also have hospitals, but if you specifically want something for hospitals I would encourage you to contact the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association (AHA).
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades