By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the October 2012 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Is there an industry standard for housekeepers and maintenance technicians per square foot of healthcare facilities?
Southeast Colorado Hospital
A The Association of Higher Education Facility Officers (APPA) does, and this information can be found in the group’s staffing guidelines. The association also has other resources to help with this; you can conduct a search in the Bookstore section of the association’s website with the word “guideline.”
Often higher education organizations also have hospitals, but if you specifically want something for hospitals I would encourage you to contact the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association (AHA).
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips