FRIDAY FUNNY: Can A New Office Chair Help Melt Away The Winter Blahs?
As the weather gets colder in many parts of the U.S. and the days get shorter, some workers do whatever they can to fight off seasonal affective disorder, or SAD. With symptoms that typically build up slowly in the late autumn and winter months, this mild form of depression is fairly common and can effective productivity levels and morale in the workplace.
According to some experts, office chairs in bright colors and bold patterns can help beat the seasonal doldrums and help workers remain productive during the darkest months of the year.
“A lot of companies play it safe with standard gray and black desks and chairs, and products in those colors always sell well,” said OFM President Blake Zalcberg. “But when winter comes and you’re getting to work while it’s still dark out, it helps to have furniture in brighter shades such as green, yellow, or blue. Some people find these colors help them stay motivated and productive during the darkest days of the year.
“Psychologists tell us that the color of our surroundings can have a subtle influence on how we feel, and that’s especially true of offices and work spaces where we spend the majority of our waking hours,” added Zalcberg. “While bright colors aren’t for everyone, some people have found they really help improve the ambiance when it’s dark and gray outside.”
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?