FRIDAY FUNNY: Can A New Office Chair Help Melt Away The Winter Blahs?
As the weather gets colder in many parts of the U.S. and the days get shorter, some workers do whatever they can to fight off seasonal affective disorder, or SAD. With symptoms that typically build up slowly in the late autumn and winter months, this mild form of depression is fairly common and can effective productivity levels and morale in the workplace.
According to some experts, office chairs in bright colors and bold patterns can help beat the seasonal doldrums and help workers remain productive during the darkest months of the year.
“A lot of companies play it safe with standard gray and black desks and chairs, and products in those colors always sell well,” said OFM President Blake Zalcberg. “But when winter comes and you’re getting to work while it’s still dark out, it helps to have furniture in brighter shades such as green, yellow, or blue. Some people find these colors help them stay motivated and productive during the darkest days of the year.
“Psychologists tell us that the color of our surroundings can have a subtle influence on how we feel, and that’s especially true of offices and work spaces where we spend the majority of our waking hours,” added Zalcberg. “While bright colors aren’t for everyone, some people have found they really help improve the ambiance when it’s dark and gray outside.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ