Load Mover, Inc. introduces its Xtra-400 model electric tug, a self contained, battery powered, walk-behind power mover that aids workers in moving heavy parts and equipment.
Typical applications include moving heavy materials from receiving to processing or assembly areas in a variety of industries. Using the Xtra-400 Load Mover is appropriate anywhere that heavy materials on wheeled carts need to be transported safely and efficiently.
The Xtra-400 Load Mover is a push/pull device for industrial carts that weigh up to 20,000 pounds or a train of carts that move components through a production facility. A single operator can move heavy product with minimal effort, safely and efficiently. The unit’s adjustable ergonomic handle fits different size operators and promotes a comfortable walking posture. No training, licensing, or certifications are required, and the intuitive controls are aimed at greatly reducing the operator’s learning curve.
The Xtra-400 Load Mover is constructed of formed 1/4″ steel plate and includes a self contained, maintenance free, sealed transaxle. The gearbox, electric motor, and electromechanical brake are one assembly. With the handle in the up position the overall length is 48”. Width including the drive wheels is 30” to fit through doorways and tight manufacturing walkways.
The Xtra-400 has an internal weight package to add traction capabilities with a “Draw-bar-pull” capability of 400 pounds or capacity of up to 20,000 pounds, on wheeled carts or trailers. With a 36v DC power circuit, heavy-duty batteries and onboard, five stage battery charger, the unit can run all day on a single charge. The unit includes a high and low variable speed control, horn, and belly switch.
Located in Bloomington, MN, Load Mover, Inc. designs and manufactures various models of battery powered material handling equipment.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation