This app enables total situational awareness from all locations. “Until now, the 360 experience was reserved for professional-grade systems and didn’t allow for a truly immersive mobile experience,” said Adam Pineau, director of systems engineering for the company.
“The OnVu360 mobile app is the first patented technology that enables users to harness the speed and processing power of Oncam Grandeye,” he continues. “It is an important first step in providing total situational awareness anywhere, anytime, on any platform.”
The app features zero latency as the user navigates by using the pinch-to-zoom features of any iOS device. The OnVu360 app can stream up to a full five megapixels and supports Oncam Grandeye’s Halocam and Evolution line of cameras. Streaming over Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G connectivity, users can also take a “snapshot” to save data if used over a cellular-data network.
Requirements for use are:
iOS version 5.0 or higher
iPad 2, new iPad and iPad mini, iPhone 4, 4S, 5
Oncam Grandeye IP 360-degree camera
Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G data
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades