By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the November 2012 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Is there a common practice for changing light bulbs and ballasts located above cubicle office furniture? Many of our fixtures are above cubicles in such a way that “hanging” off of a ladder becomes a dangerous proposition.
County of Merced
A I would advise you to contact an electrical contractor for a bid to perform a group relamp, and ask how they plan to work over the cubicles. Or you can hire the contractor to replace lamps in your most challenging area in order to learn how they do it. Whoever is doing the work may need to consider renting or purchasing an articulating boom lift designed for interior use. One source for this equipment is JLG.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- DCIM For Facility Management