By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the November 2012 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Is there a common practice for changing light bulbs and ballasts located above cubicle office furniture? Many of our fixtures are above cubicles in such a way that “hanging” off of a ladder becomes a dangerous proposition.
County of Merced
A I would advise you to contact an electrical contractor for a bid to perform a group relamp, and ask how they plan to work over the cubicles. Or you can hire the contractor to replace lamps in your most challenging area in order to learn how they do it. Whoever is doing the work may need to consider renting or purchasing an articulating boom lift designed for interior use. One source for this equipment is JLG.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management