By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the November 2012 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Is there a common practice for changing light bulbs and ballasts located above cubicle office furniture? Many of our fixtures are above cubicles in such a way that “hanging” off of a ladder becomes a dangerous proposition.
County of Merced
A I would advise you to contact an electrical contractor for a bid to perform a group relamp, and ask how they plan to work over the cubicles. Or you can hire the contractor to replace lamps in your most challenging area in order to learn how they do it. Whoever is doing the work may need to consider renting or purchasing an articulating boom lift designed for interior use. One source for this equipment is JLG.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?