Tricks Of The Trade: Overhead Lighting Changes
By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the November 2012 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Is there a common practice for changing light bulbs and ballasts located above cubicle office furniture? Many of our fixtures are above cubicles in such a way that “hanging” off of a ladder becomes a dangerous proposition.
County of Merced
A I would advise you to contact an electrical contractor for a bid to perform a group relamp, and ask how they plan to work over the cubicles. Or you can hire the contractor to replace lamps in your most challenging area in order to learn how they do it. Whoever is doing the work may need to consider renting or purchasing an articulating boom lift designed for interior use. One source for this equipment is JLG.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ