The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) is committed to making access to information easy for both public and private owners using or considering design-build project delivery. DBIA’s new Owner Hotline allows public agencies and private owners quick and direct access to information on design-build. This project delivery method is an integrated approach that delivers design and construction services under one contract with a single point of responsibility.
“We know that owners select design-build to achieve best value while meeting schedule, cost and quality goals,” said DBIA Executive Director and CEO Lisa Washington. “We also know that, as design-build becomes an increasingly attractive option for public and private owners, questions about how to procure design-build services properly, select the right team, and execute design-build effectively arise. As the industry’s preeminent resource for education, objective expertise, and best practices related to successful integrated delivery, the creation of an Owners Hotline is a natural extension of DBIA’s mission.”
The DBIA Owner Hotline is staffed by experienced professionals with extensive backgrounds in the delivery method and deep knowledge of design-build best practices—from both owner and practitioner perspectives. The Hotline is a resource for key aspects of the delivery method and guidance on additional tools and resources. The Owner Hotline is not intended as a replacement for consulting or legal services.
As of January 29, 2013, the DBIA Owner Hotline will be monitored between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday (except holidays). Inquiries received during this timeframe will be responded to within 24 hours. Inquiries received on weekends and holidays will receive responses the first business day following the request. To use the DBIA Owner Hotline call 866-USE-DBIA or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades