Design-Build Hotline Makes Expertise Readily Available to Facility Professionals
The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) is committed to making access to information easy for both public and private owners using or considering design-build project delivery. DBIA’s new Owner Hotline allows public agencies and private owners quick and direct access to information on design-build. This project delivery method is an integrated approach that delivers design and construction services under one contract with a single point of responsibility.
“We know that owners select design-build to achieve best value while meeting schedule, cost and quality goals,” said DBIA Executive Director and CEO Lisa Washington. “We also know that, as design-build becomes an increasingly attractive option for public and private owners, questions about how to procure design-build services properly, select the right team, and execute design-build effectively arise. As the industry’s preeminent resource for education, objective expertise, and best practices related to successful integrated delivery, the creation of an Owners Hotline is a natural extension of DBIA’s mission.”
The DBIA Owner Hotline is staffed by experienced professionals with extensive backgrounds in the delivery method and deep knowledge of design-build best practices—from both owner and practitioner perspectives. The Hotline is a resource for key aspects of the delivery method and guidance on additional tools and resources. The Owner Hotline is not intended as a replacement for consulting or legal services.
As of January 29, 2013, the DBIA Owner Hotline will be monitored between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday (except holidays). Inquiries received during this timeframe will be responded to within 24 hours. Inquiries received on weekends and holidays will receive responses the first business day following the request. To use the DBIA Owner Hotline call 866-USE-DBIA or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ