It seems like every time the topic of Neverland is mentioned, it just gets weirder…and weirder…and weirder.
In the latest twist, Lady Gaga (owner of Michael Jackson’s crystal covered glove and other pricey pop culture trinkets), has shown an interest in purchasing a share in the deceased pop icon’s ranch with the goal of restoring it for his children. Either the eccentric songstress is purely seeking publicity or she is genuinely enthusiastic over the prospect of taking on a project more massive than Michael Jackson’s plastic surgery obsession.
Gordon Smart, Showbiz Editor in The Sun, reports,
A source said: “Lady Gaga is obsessed with Michael. She’s become good friends with his sister LATOYA and would love more than anything else to restore Neverland to its original state.
“His kids are all desperate to hold on to their childhood home so they can decide what they want to do with it properly when they’ve grown up.
“Gaga would love to help with the financial costs by buying a share.”
She was due to support Jacko in London before he died in 2009.
But when he got into financial difficulties in 2008 the investment group Sycamore Valley Ranch Company bought his $23million mortgage.
Even though they hold a big stake in the company, Michael’s three kids — PRINCE MICHAEL, PARIS and BLANKET — and mum, KATHERINE, also own a share.
A cash injection from a pop star like Gaga could just see them through their teenage years until their trust funds are triggered and they can buy it back.
Since 2011, there has been some progress on a Neverland ranch. Tom Barrack of Colony Capital (another partial owner in the rights to the property), told Bloomberg Television, “Our plans have been to work to restore it to its original greatness. The place is amazing. It has not only the beautiful spirit and softness of Michael, but a legacy of a thousand years of Indian culture that had transacted upon it. We have just been restoring it, renovating it.”
Poor Paris will feel left out without a title in Neverland, a kingdom for a King of Pop (Michael), a Lady (Gaga), and two Princes (Michael’s two sons).
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention