NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Antibacterial Paper Towels by Cascades Tissue Group
Cascades Tissue Group recently introduced its Cascades Antibacterial paper towel, an away-from-home product designed to minimize hand contamination by killing 99.99% of harmful bacteria almost instantly.
It is said that 80% of all infections are transmitted by hand, so the lack of proper hygiene—namely inadequate hand washing and drying practices—continues to be a problem. The Cascades Antibacterial paper towel doesn’t require additional steps and can compensate for imperfect hygiene habits.
When placed in contact with wet hands, the towel releases Benzalkonium Chloride. This active ingredient has been used in products like gel sanitizers, baby wipes, and antiseptic skin solutions since 1935.
Cascades performed several third-party laboratory tests to ensure the safety and efficacy of the paper towel. Microbiologists reported that the towel, when used after washing hands with soap and water, provides a more hygienic result versus alcohol-based gels and other hand sanitizers. While these other products kill bacteria and are useful when there is no water and soap available, they don’t remove organic matter (grease, dirt, etc.) often found on hands.
First cleared by Health Canada, the Cascades Antibacterial paper towel now also complies with the regulation and policies of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The product contains 100% recycled fiber, and is made using five times less water than the North American paper industry average.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable