Cascades Tissue Group recently introduced its Cascades Antibacterial paper towel, an away-from-home product designed to minimize hand contamination by killing 99.99% of harmful bacteria almost instantly.
It is said that 80% of all infections are transmitted by hand, so the lack of proper hygiene—namely inadequate hand washing and drying practices—continues to be a problem. The Cascades Antibacterial paper towel doesn’t require additional steps and can compensate for imperfect hygiene habits.
When placed in contact with wet hands, the towel releases Benzalkonium Chloride. This active ingredient has been used in products like gel sanitizers, baby wipes, and antiseptic skin solutions since 1935.
Cascades performed several third-party laboratory tests to ensure the safety and efficacy of the paper towel. Microbiologists reported that the towel, when used after washing hands with soap and water, provides a more hygienic result versus alcohol-based gels and other hand sanitizers. While these other products kill bacteria and are useful when there is no water and soap available, they don’t remove organic matter (grease, dirt, etc.) often found on hands.
First cleared by Health Canada, the Cascades Antibacterial paper towel now also complies with the regulation and policies of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The product contains 100% recycled fiber, and is made using five times less water than the North American paper industry average.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention