Cascades Tissue Group recently introduced its Cascades Antibacterial paper towel, an away-from-home product designed to minimize hand contamination by killing 99.99% of harmful bacteria almost instantly.
It is said that 80% of all infections are transmitted by hand, so the lack of proper hygiene—namely inadequate hand washing and drying practices—continues to be a problem. The Cascades Antibacterial paper towel doesn’t require additional steps and can compensate for imperfect hygiene habits.
When placed in contact with wet hands, the towel releases Benzalkonium Chloride. This active ingredient has been used in products like gel sanitizers, baby wipes, and antiseptic skin solutions since 1935.
Cascades performed several third-party laboratory tests to ensure the safety and efficacy of the paper towel. Microbiologists reported that the towel, when used after washing hands with soap and water, provides a more hygienic result versus alcohol-based gels and other hand sanitizers. While these other products kill bacteria and are useful when there is no water and soap available, they don’t remove organic matter (grease, dirt, etc.) often found on hands.
First cleared by Health Canada, the Cascades Antibacterial paper towel now also complies with the regulation and policies of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The product contains 100% recycled fiber, and is made using five times less water than the North American paper industry average.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month