Newer Technology, Inc. has introduced its next-generation Power2U™ AC/USB Wall Outlet. Designed to enhance power usage by eliminating the need for power adapters, the latest versions of this outlet now features NEC tamper-resistant receptacles and is available in a new 20 Amp model for commercial, hospitality, education, municipal, and residential applications.
Newer Technology introduced the Power2U in 2012 as the first patented and UL-Listed device to seamlessly blend into a wall as a standard power outlet. Users can access two traditional three-prong AC wall sockets in addition to two USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 ports without encountering “plug barriers” found on similar devices that can prevent multiple devices from being charged/powered simultaneously.
Available in four colors (white, black, ivory and light almond),
the Power2U is a basic “DIY” install in a 16-cubic-inch electrical box.
While these new 15 Amp and 20 Amp outlet models feature NEC tamper-resistant receptacles, the Power2U retains its function as a centralized location for charging/powering USB devices. The outlets provide two energy efficiency features. The intelligent Smart Power design only outputs enough charging power to meet the requirements of the device that is attached. The spring loaded Safety Shutters completely turn off power to the USB ports when a connecting cable is removed to prevent “vampire draw.”
Includes mounting screws, matching wallplate, and illustrated step-by-step installation manual.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation