Martin Technical, a Denver, CO-based provider of facility/plant maintenance, safety, and efficiency services uses advanced ultrasonic based technology to conduct its Pipe Inspection Predictive Maintenance Program. The service can be conducted to evaluate the condition of fire pipe and process water pipes.
Using ultrasonic technology for pipe inspections is a tried and true way to measure pipe wall thickness, but the data provided from traditional ultrasonic methods is limited. For this inspection program, Martin Technical incorporates both traditional UT ultrasonic “time to flight” thickness testing along with its proprietary patented Localized Guided Wave scanning system.
The Localized Guided Wave system
identifies areas of pipe that show indications
of internal corrosion or other issues.
The capabilities this advanced approach to pipe inspection provides beyond traditional methods include:
- Identify pipe wall thickness and what is in the pipes ( e.g., water, sludge, air pockets, scaling, ice plugs, corrosion buildup, residue). Traditional services only identify wall loss, not build-up and other anomolies.
- Identify what sections of pipes need replacing so that facility managers don’t have to replace the whole system
- Provide more information and faster data collection
- Does not require the piping system to be shut down
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management