Facilities management is a broad-based discipline that calls into play architectural, construction, engineering, and management and human skills– particularly for running and maintaining commercial, institutional, academic, and industrial buildings. This book will cover the essential role and responsibilities of the facilities manager as it pertains to building maintenance.
Newcomers to facilities management will find this book an excellent introduction to managing maintenance. Established professionals will be able to brush up on the latest technological and regulatory trends affecting how complex facilities should be successfully maintained by way of risk assessment.
The book contains ready-to-use assessment forms and resources for extended practical information. Highlights include:
- Coverage of key components of facilities maintenance management including risk management, building safety, operations and purchasing, staffing, and more.
- Guidance on new trends including ‘lean building maintenance’ and Green Building specs (Green Spec) like LEED.
- Guidance on legal contracts, safety regulations, energy efficiency, and more.
- Specific management guidance by building type including apartments, office buildings, hotels and resorts, government buildings, schools, transport facilities and many others.
Author Joel Levitt is president of Lafayette Hill, PA-based Springfield Resources. His firm has been specializing in maintenance management and consultation since 1980. Facilities Management: Managing Maintenance for Buildings & Facilities is available from Millennium Press for $109.95.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation