Facilities management is a broad-based discipline that calls into play architectural, construction, engineering, and management and human skills– particularly for running and maintaining commercial, institutional, academic, and industrial buildings. This book will cover the essential role and responsibilities of the facilities manager as it pertains to building maintenance.
Newcomers to facilities management will find this book an excellent introduction to managing maintenance. Established professionals will be able to brush up on the latest technological and regulatory trends affecting how complex facilities should be successfully maintained by way of risk assessment.
The book contains ready-to-use assessment forms and resources for extended practical information. Highlights include:
- Coverage of key components of facilities maintenance management including risk management, building safety, operations and purchasing, staffing, and more.
- Guidance on new trends including ‘lean building maintenance’ and Green Building specs (Green Spec) like LEED.
- Guidance on legal contracts, safety regulations, energy efficiency, and more.
- Specific management guidance by building type including apartments, office buildings, hotels and resorts, government buildings, schools, transport facilities and many others.
Author Joel Levitt is president of Lafayette Hill, PA-based Springfield Resources. His firm has been specializing in maintenance management and consultation since 1980. Facilities Management: Managing Maintenance for Buildings & Facilities is available from Millennium Press for $109.95.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades