Facilities management is a broad-based discipline that calls into play architectural, construction, engineering, and management and human skills– particularly for running and maintaining commercial, institutional, academic, and industrial buildings. This book will cover the essential role and responsibilities of the facilities manager as it pertains to building maintenance.
Newcomers to facilities management will find this book an excellent introduction to managing maintenance. Established professionals will be able to brush up on the latest technological and regulatory trends affecting how complex facilities should be successfully maintained by way of risk assessment.
The book contains ready-to-use assessment forms and resources for extended practical information. Highlights include:
- Coverage of key components of facilities maintenance management including risk management, building safety, operations and purchasing, staffing, and more.
- Guidance on new trends including ‘lean building maintenance’ and Green Building specs (Green Spec) like LEED.
- Guidance on legal contracts, safety regulations, energy efficiency, and more.
- Specific management guidance by building type including apartments, office buildings, hotels and resorts, government buildings, schools, transport facilities and many others.
Author Joel Levitt is president of Lafayette Hill, PA-based Springfield Resources. His firm has been specializing in maintenance management and consultation since 1980. Facilities Management: Managing Maintenance for Buildings & Facilities is available from Millennium Press for $109.95.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention