Millennium Press Releases New Book On Facilities Management
Facilities management is a broad-based discipline that calls into play architectural, construction, engineering, and management and human skills– particularly for running and maintaining commercial, institutional, academic, and industrial buildings. This book will cover the essential role and responsibilities of the facilities manager as it pertains to building maintenance.
Newcomers to facilities management will find this book an excellent introduction to managing maintenance. Established professionals will be able to brush up on the latest technological and regulatory trends affecting how complex facilities should be successfully maintained by way of risk assessment.
The book contains ready-to-use assessment forms and resources for extended practical information. Highlights include:
- Coverage of key components of facilities maintenance management including risk management, building safety, operations and purchasing, staffing, and more.
- Guidance on new trends including ‘lean building maintenance’ and Green Building specs (Green Spec) like LEED.
- Guidance on legal contracts, safety regulations, energy efficiency, and more.
- Specific management guidance by building type including apartments, office buildings, hotels and resorts, government buildings, schools, transport facilities and many others.
Author Joel Levitt is president of Lafayette Hill, PA-based Springfield Resources. His firm has been specializing in maintenance management and consultation since 1980. Facilities Management: Managing Maintenance for Buildings & Facilities is available from Millennium Press for $109.95.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?