Millennium Press Releases New Book On Facilities Management
Facilities management is a broad-based discipline that calls into play architectural, construction, engineering, and management and human skills– particularly for running and maintaining commercial, institutional, academic, and industrial buildings. This book will cover the essential role and responsibilities of the facilities manager as it pertains to building maintenance.
Newcomers to facilities management will find this book an excellent introduction to managing maintenance. Established professionals will be able to brush up on the latest technological and regulatory trends affecting how complex facilities should be successfully maintained by way of risk assessment.
The book contains ready-to-use assessment forms and resources for extended practical information. Highlights include:
- Coverage of key components of facilities maintenance management including risk management, building safety, operations and purchasing, staffing, and more.
- Guidance on new trends including ‘lean building maintenance’ and Green Building specs (Green Spec) like LEED.
- Guidance on legal contracts, safety regulations, energy efficiency, and more.
- Specific management guidance by building type including apartments, office buildings, hotels and resorts, government buildings, schools, transport facilities and many others.
Author Joel Levitt is president of Lafayette Hill, PA-based Springfield Resources. His firm has been specializing in maintenance management and consultation since 1980. Facilities Management: Managing Maintenance for Buildings & Facilities is available from Millennium Press for $109.95.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices