Missed the Lighting Codes and Controls Webinar?
Presented by TFM and NEMA’s enLIGHTen America initiative, the “Codes and Controls” webinar on February 14, 2013 focused on current and upcoming energy and green code requirements for lighting controls. Facility managers in commercial and institutional settings should be aware of how their organizations can save energy and money by implementing lighting controls. Meanwhile, an October 2011 ruling from the U.S. Department of Energy requiring all states to adopt an energy code as stringent as ASHRAE Standard 90.1 by October 18, 2013 will impact lighting purchases.
The event, which was attended by professionals working in a cross-section of facility types and locations, provided several perspectives, with experts from three NEMA member companies contributing their insight. The speakers discussed the lighting controls technologies and strategies available to facilities, how the building codes figure in, and what type of results facility managers can achieve. The speakers were: Michael Jouaneh, CEM, LEED AP, manager of sustainability & energy standards at Lutron and vice chair, Lighting Controls Association; Rita Renner, director of marketing & communications for WattStopper; and Brian Carberry, director of product management at Leviton.
Slides from the presentation, “Codes and Controls,” are now available for viewing and download at this link.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ