The National Institute of Building Sciences National Council of Governments on Building Codes and Standards (NCGBCS) is calling for public comment on the content of a new Code Taxonomy of building codes and standards. Code officials; codes and standards developers; federal, state, and local agencies; architects, engineers, and contractors; consumer advocates and others are all encouraged to provide input by the March 8, 2013 deadline.
This compilation of codes and standards relating to the built environment is intended to serve as a resource when educating the industry, government, and the public about the regulations and referenced documents that are used when constructing buildings and facilities.
The NCGBCS works to expand understanding; facilitate education and training; and promote the efficient administration of codes and standards. Given the numerous topics and agencies (at the federal, state and local levels) that impact and are impacted by codes, the Council felt it was important to identify the connections between the codes and these agencies.
While valuable on its own, the finalized Taxonomy will be included on the WBDG Whole Building Design Guide in a new resource section entitled “Code Administration and Enforcement,” which should be available later this year.
Individuals and organizations interested in providing comments are encouraged to make any edits directly to the draft Excel document using “track changes” and send the updated version as an attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. General comments and recommendations should be sent in the body of an e-mail to the same address.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention