The National Institute of Building Sciences National Council of Governments on Building Codes and Standards (NCGBCS) is calling for public comment on the content of a new Code Taxonomy of building codes and standards. Code officials; codes and standards developers; federal, state, and local agencies; architects, engineers, and contractors; consumer advocates and others are all encouraged to provide input by the March 8, 2013 deadline.
This compilation of codes and standards relating to the built environment is intended to serve as a resource when educating the industry, government, and the public about the regulations and referenced documents that are used when constructing buildings and facilities.
The NCGBCS works to expand understanding; facilitate education and training; and promote the efficient administration of codes and standards. Given the numerous topics and agencies (at the federal, state and local levels) that impact and are impacted by codes, the Council felt it was important to identify the connections between the codes and these agencies.
While valuable on its own, the finalized Taxonomy will be included on the WBDG Whole Building Design Guide in a new resource section entitled “Code Administration and Enforcement,” which should be available later this year.
Individuals and organizations interested in providing comments are encouraged to make any edits directly to the draft Excel document using “track changes” and send the updated version as an attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. General comments and recommendations should be sent in the body of an e-mail to the same address.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades