Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies has brought together a suite of Von Duprin products that provides high security exit devices and indicators. This offering is aimed for use in hospitals, schools, military, commercial and retail facilities that often require openings that need increased monitoring, extra protection against theft or vandalism, or specific safety and notification solutions.
There are many openings that require elevated security based on the people, property, and equipment that they protect. For areas such as the data center of an office building, the back entrance to a commercial retail store, and specialized areas of a hospital, this suite of products targets these demands.
For instance, when greater security is required, facility managers can select the Von Duprin 98/99XP exit device available in a rim configuration featuring a two-piece latch that is 90° to the strike pad which delivers more than 2,000 pounds of static load resistance. If the facility needs to prevent individuals from temporarily exiting a facility while still meeting fire/ life safety needs, the Chexit® by Von Duprin is available on 98/99 Series exit devices to provide a delayed egress solution with options to fit the needs of a specific facility. This device meets NFPA 101 “Special Locking Arrangement” and has an optional cylinder dogging (latch remains retracted so that the door swings freely) for increased security.
Even if exit devices are dogged open during the normal operating hours of a facility, they need to be secured after hours. With a dogging indicator light, which can be seen beyond 50′ from the exit device, this visual indication helps reduce the time needed to conduct inspections.
In schools, classrooms need to be immediately secured for safety of occupants in the event of an emergency. Whether new construction or a maintenance upgrade, schools can implement a Von Duprin classroom security option with visual status indication. With the visual lock/unlock indicator and 180° thumbturn rotation, a teacher or administrator can quickly see if exit devices are secured and locked.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation