This Friday Funny is more fun than funny, since it takes facility managers on a little journey to illustrate the effectiveness of energy savings in data centers. The folks at Emerson Network Power have posted an online infographic demonstrating the savings made possible by using certain strategies for cutting data center energy costs and boosting capacity.
Recognizing that kilowatts can feel abstract, Emerson developed the infographic to translate kW into measures of distance—miles and kilometers—plotted out on a round-the-world road-trip. The best part? One can quantify the savings that are possible through vendor-neutral steps that any data center can take.
Emerson’s Energy Logic 2.0 Cascading Savings Calculator helps facility managers tally up the savings they could experience by implementing certain strategies. All fms have to do is enter compute load and facility PUE and then go through the step-by-step calculation instructions to create a comprehensive savings strategy. Once they reach their final number, they can plug that number into the infographic to see how far their savings would take them!
You might like:
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?