This Friday Funny is more fun than funny, since it takes facility managers on a little journey to illustrate the effectiveness of energy savings in data centers. The folks at Emerson Network Power have posted an online infographic demonstrating the savings made possible by using certain strategies for cutting data center energy costs and boosting capacity.
Recognizing that kilowatts can feel abstract, Emerson developed the infographic to translate kW into measures of distance—miles and kilometers—plotted out on a round-the-world road-trip. The best part? One can quantify the savings that are possible through vendor-neutral steps that any data center can take.
Emerson’s Energy Logic 2.0 Cascading Savings Calculator helps facility managers tally up the savings they could experience by implementing certain strategies. All fms have to do is enter compute load and facility PUE and then go through the step-by-step calculation instructions to create a comprehensive savings strategy. Once they reach their final number, they can plug that number into the infographic to see how far their savings would take them!
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation