FRIDAY FUNNY: How Far Can Data Center Energy Savings Take You? (INFOGRAPHIC!)
This Friday Funny is more fun than funny, since it takes facility managers on a little journey to illustrate the effectiveness of energy savings in data centers. The folks at Emerson Network Power have posted an online infographic demonstrating the savings made possible by using certain strategies for cutting data center energy costs and boosting capacity.
Recognizing that kilowatts can feel abstract, Emerson developed the infographic to translate kW into measures of distance—miles and kilometers—plotted out on a round-the-world road-trip. The best part? One can quantify the savings that are possible through vendor-neutral steps that any data center can take.
Emerson’s Energy Logic 2.0 Cascading Savings Calculator helps facility managers tally up the savings they could experience by implementing certain strategies. All fms have to do is enter compute load and facility PUE and then go through the step-by-step calculation instructions to create a comprehensive savings strategy. Once they reach their final number, they can plug that number into the infographic to see how far their savings would take them!
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.