FRIDAY FUNNY: St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations…And Workplace Consequences
Apparently, folks have already started gearing up for St. Patrick’s day, which means some employers are preparing for productivity slumps later in the day. These will begin with Friday afternoon liquid lunch lags and stretch into Monday hangover “sick day” call outs.
Kaitlin Madden of The WorkBuzz from CareerBuilder.com says that post-holiday hangovers are becoming a significant issue in the workplace. According to Madden, one survey from an Irish HR firm reported that “nearly a third of employers there expect that some of their staff will call in sick…due to hangovers caused by enthusiastic drinking during St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.”
“St Patrick’s Day is a huge celebration for the people of Ireland, but for many bosses the following day is one of lost productivity, something they could do without in the current economic climate,” Alan Price, managing director of Peninsula Ireland, said in a statement.
If you do plan to partake in St. Patty’s parties, we do recommend moderation and keeping the following in the back of your mind: According to CareerBuilder’s latest survey on calling in sick to work, 70% of employers require a doctor’s note from “sick” employees, 29% check up on employees who call out of work, and 16% said that they’ve fired an employee for calling in sick without a proven or valid excuse.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ