The system provides more coverage and an ideal combination of air and water holdout compared to other fluid applied products and is ideal for application on concrete, CMU (concrete masonry unit), gypsum sheathing, and complex high-rise buildings.
The DuPont Tyvek Fluid Applied Air and Water Weather Barrier system is comprised of Tyvek Fluid Applied WB, Tyvek Fluid Applied Flashing and Joint Compound, DuPont Sealant for Tyvek Fluid Applied System, and Tyvek Fluid Applied Flashing—Brush Formulation. Applied in one coat by spraying or power rolling, the DuPont Tyvek Fluid Applied WB reduces installation time by yielding two to three times as much coverage per gallon as competing products. Meanwhile, combining low shrinkage with high elongation and elastic recovery allows the Tyvek Fluid Applied products to stretch and move with a building, resulting in minimal cracking. Providing the ideal combination of air and water holdout, this fluid applied product features vapor permeability of 25 perms.
The DuPont Tyvek Fluid Applied system can help to control air leakage in facilities, which allows for more energy efficient structures by reducing the energy required for heating and cooling. The system also helps to improve indoor air quality by providing protection from water accumulation in the wall system, which can lead to the growth of mold and mildew as well as wood rot and metal corrosion. Additionally, the system features low VOC products.
The enhanced durability of the DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System means it will perform well even in extreme weather conditions. Also, the system can withstand nine months of UV exposure, can be applied to damp concrete, and can be applied at temperatures as low as 25°F, providing more flexibility in construction schedules. The system comes with a 10 year product limited warranty. Experts in the DuPont Tyvek Specialist Network are available to assist with installation needs, while the DuPont Tyvek Certified Installer Network is trained to provide expert installation. Facility professionals using Building Information Modeling (BIM) for projects can create wall assemblies “to spec” with the DuPont BIM Design Studio.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices