The system provides more coverage and an ideal combination of air and water holdout compared to other fluid applied products and is ideal for application on concrete, CMU (concrete masonry unit), gypsum sheathing, and complex high-rise buildings.
The DuPont Tyvek Fluid Applied Air and Water Weather Barrier system is comprised of Tyvek Fluid Applied WB, Tyvek Fluid Applied Flashing and Joint Compound, DuPont Sealant for Tyvek Fluid Applied System, and Tyvek Fluid Applied Flashing—Brush Formulation. Applied in one coat by spraying or power rolling, the DuPont Tyvek Fluid Applied WB reduces installation time by yielding two to three times as much coverage per gallon as competing products. Meanwhile, combining low shrinkage with high elongation and elastic recovery allows the Tyvek Fluid Applied products to stretch and move with a building, resulting in minimal cracking. Providing the ideal combination of air and water holdout, this fluid applied product features vapor permeability of 25 perms.
The DuPont Tyvek Fluid Applied system can help to control air leakage in facilities, which allows for more energy efficient structures by reducing the energy required for heating and cooling. The system also helps to improve indoor air quality by providing protection from water accumulation in the wall system, which can lead to the growth of mold and mildew as well as wood rot and metal corrosion. Additionally, the system features low VOC products.
The enhanced durability of the DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied System means it will perform well even in extreme weather conditions. Also, the system can withstand nine months of UV exposure, can be applied to damp concrete, and can be applied at temperatures as low as 25°F, providing more flexibility in construction schedules. The system comes with a 10 year product limited warranty. Experts in the DuPont Tyvek Specialist Network are available to assist with installation needs, while the DuPont Tyvek Certified Installer Network is trained to provide expert installation. Facility professionals using Building Information Modeling (BIM) for projects can create wall assemblies “to spec” with the DuPont BIM Design Studio.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs