The global microgrid market is set for exceptional growth in the coming years, as Europe and Asia mimic the growth that has seen the United States dominate the industry, states the latest report from research and consulting firm GlobalData.
According to the new report, the global microgrid industry is anticipated to reach a value of US$18.9 billion in 2020 from a 2012 value of US$5.3 billion—demonstrating a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 17.2%. The report is entitled: Solar Photovoltaic (PV) 2012 – Global Market SIze, Average Installation Price, Market Share, Regulations and Key Country Analysis to 2020.
Microgrids are integrated networks of power delivery systems consisting of a power generating system, storage systems, power electronics, and load. They help to improve power quality, reliability, reduce carbon dioxide emissions and provide economic benefits to consumers and grid operators.
The market for microgrid technologies in Europe is currently in the introductory stage, but is expected to expand rapidly in the near future as the region updates an aging electricity infrastructure and integrates a higher share of renewable energy generation. From a 2012 value of US$710 million, European industry revenue is expected to grow exponentially during the forecast period, hitting US$5.3 billion by 2020.
GlobalData believes that the Asia-Pacific microgrid industry will be driven primarily by the need to increase electrification in remote locations across countries including China, India and Malaysia. Industry revenue in the region is forecast to reach US$5.7 billion by the end of the decade, from US$600 million in 2012, with China expected to maintain its market share of almost 40% over the eight year period.
The United State—the dominant force in the global microgrids market last year, holding a 68% share—will display less impressive sector growth, states the report, but is still forecast to reach revenue of US$5.7 billion by 2020 from US$3.6 billion in 2012.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?