By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the March 2013 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I would like an outside audit of our facility management system. I want someone to assess our custodians, trades, groundskeeping, work order, service equity across regions, and so forth. Would you have an example RFP or know of several companies in the Atlanta area who do this work?
A Since you’re with a school, the best in the business for this would be an organization called the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers. They provide a service just like this for education institutions (higher ed and K-12) for minimal cost. Those performing the assessments are typically retired veteran facility managers or well experienced practitioners. The follow-up report is extensive, and they’ll interface with your leadership to help them understand your specific needs in a language they understand.
However, if they cannot meet your specific needs, they will gladly recommend someone to you.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation