Tricks Of The Trade: Hiring An Outside Facility Auditor
By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the March 2013 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I would like an outside audit of our facility management system. I want someone to assess our custodians, trades, groundskeeping, work order, service equity across regions, and so forth. Would you have an example RFP or know of several companies in the Atlanta area who do this work?
A Since you’re with a school, the best in the business for this would be an organization called the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers. They provide a service just like this for education institutions (higher ed and K-12) for minimal cost. Those performing the assessments are typically retired veteran facility managers or well experienced practitioners. The follow-up report is extensive, and they’ll interface with your leadership to help them understand your specific needs in a language they understand.
However, if they cannot meet your specific needs, they will gladly recommend someone to you.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.