By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the March 2013 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I would like an outside audit of our facility management system. I want someone to assess our custodians, trades, groundskeeping, work order, service equity across regions, and so forth. Would you have an example RFP or know of several companies in the Atlanta area who do this work?
A Since you’re with a school, the best in the business for this would be an organization called the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers. They provide a service just like this for education institutions (higher ed and K-12) for minimal cost. Those performing the assessments are typically retired veteran facility managers or well experienced practitioners. The follow-up report is extensive, and they’ll interface with your leadership to help them understand your specific needs in a language they understand.
However, if they cannot meet your specific needs, they will gladly recommend someone to you.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management