By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the March 2013 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I would like an outside audit of our facility management system. I want someone to assess our custodians, trades, groundskeeping, work order, service equity across regions, and so forth. Would you have an example RFP or know of several companies in the Atlanta area who do this work?
A Since you’re with a school, the best in the business for this would be an organization called the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers. They provide a service just like this for education institutions (higher ed and K-12) for minimal cost. Those performing the assessments are typically retired veteran facility managers or well experienced practitioners. The follow-up report is extensive, and they’ll interface with your leadership to help them understand your specific needs in a language they understand.
However, if they cannot meet your specific needs, they will gladly recommend someone to you.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security