By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the March 2013 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q I would like an outside audit of our facility management system. I want someone to assess our custodians, trades, groundskeeping, work order, service equity across regions, and so forth. Would you have an example RFP or know of several companies in the Atlanta area who do this work?
A Since you’re with a school, the best in the business for this would be an organization called the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers. They provide a service just like this for education institutions (higher ed and K-12) for minimal cost. Those performing the assessments are typically retired veteran facility managers or well experienced practitioners. The follow-up report is extensive, and they’ll interface with your leadership to help them understand your specific needs in a language they understand.
However, if they cannot meet your specific needs, they will gladly recommend someone to you.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention