This week, the Department of Energy (DOE) announced that the first meeting of the newly formed Commercial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Water Heating, and Refrigeration Certification Working Group (Commercial Certification Group) will be held Tuesday, April 30, from 9 am to 5 pm at department headquarters in Washington, DC.
Members of the public are able to observe the business part of the meeting and, if time allows, may make oral statements during the specified period for public comment. Interested members of the public also have the opportunity to participate by webinar, and those interested should use the contact information listed below. Or, the docket on this matter is available for viewing by searching for EERE-2013-BT-NOC-0023 at Regulations.gov.
Formed under the Appliance Standards and Rulemaking Federal Advisory Committee (ASRAC), the mission of this Working Group is to undertake a negotiated rulemaking to develop consensus certification requirements for commercial HVAC, water heating, and refrigeration equipment. The group is comprised of 25 members representing industry, utilities, and advocacy groups, and includes several AHRI members and staff. The members of the Certification Working Group were chosen from nominations submitted in response to the DOE’s call for nominations published in the Federal Register on March 12, 2013. Those members are:
DOE and ASRAC Representatives
Laura Barhydt (DOE)
John Mandyck (UTC Climate, Controls & Security)
Kent Peterson (P2S Engineering, Inc.)
Other Selected Members
Karim Amrane (Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute)
Timothy Ballo (EarthJustice)
Jeff Bauman (National Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning)
Brice Bowley (GE Appliances)
Mary Dane (Traulsen)
Paul Doppel (Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.)
Geoffrey Halley (SJI Consultants, Inc.)
Pantelis Hatzikazakis (Lennox International, Inc.)
Charles Hon (True Manufacturing)
Jill Hootman (Trane)
Marshall Hunt (Pacific Gas and Electric Company)
Michael Kojak (Underwriters Laboratories LLC)
Karen Meyers (Rheem Manufacturing Co.)
Peter Molvie (Cleaver-Brooks Product Development)
Neil Rolph (Lochinvar, LLC)
Harvey Sachs (American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy)
Ronald Shebik (Hussmann Corporation)
Judd Smith (CSA)
Louis Starr (Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance)
Phillip Stephens (Heat Transfer Products)
Russell Tharp (Goodman Manufacturing)
Eric Truskoski (Bradford White Corp.)
Those interested in attending in person or by webinar should contact: John Cymbalsky, ASRAC Designated Federal Officer, Supervisory Operations Research Analyst, DOE, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. The e-mail address is email@example.com.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention