Did you know April 26th is National Pretzel Day? There is no shortage of types of pretzels—one of the most popular workplace snacks.
According to Holiday Insights, pretzels are believed to be the world’s oldest snack. Pretzels date back to 610 AD in Southern France. Monks baked thin strips of dough into the shape of a child’s arms folded in prayer. Add a little salt, and Voila!…the pretzel industry was born.
The first National Pretzel Day was declared in 1983 by Robert S. Walker. Pennsylvania’s Governor Ed Rendell re-declared the holiday in April of 2003.
Grab a pretzel rod and celebrate national pretzel day by impressing your co-workers with these pretzel trivia bits!
So how much do you know about pretzels after reading this? Find out by taking this quiz. (As a Philly native, my knowledge and appreciation of this snack food is quite substantial.)
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management