Did you know April 26th is National Pretzel Day? There is no shortage of types of pretzels—one of the most popular workplace snacks.
According to Holiday Insights, pretzels are believed to be the world’s oldest snack. Pretzels date back to 610 AD in Southern France. Monks baked thin strips of dough into the shape of a child’s arms folded in prayer. Add a little salt, and Voila!…the pretzel industry was born.
The first National Pretzel Day was declared in 1983 by Robert S. Walker. Pennsylvania’s Governor Ed Rendell re-declared the holiday in April of 2003.
Grab a pretzel rod and celebrate national pretzel day by impressing your co-workers with these pretzel trivia bits!
So how much do you know about pretzels after reading this? Find out by taking this quiz. (As a Philly native, my knowledge and appreciation of this snack food is quite substantial.)
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation