IMS Research Trends In Intelligent Buildings
Last year was certainly an interesting year for intelligent building systems. Despite the stagnating new construction market, increasing numbers of existing buildings upgraded their systems to reduce the energy they consumed. Related to this, increasing numbers of existing buildings also gained energy certifications such as Energy Star or LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).
IMS Research has recently released its annual intelligent building trends white paper. These predictions for 2013 and beyond serve to provide insight into key trends and opportunities in the intelligent buildings industry.
These trends include the following:
1. Cloud and Big Data meet: is this the perfect storm for building analytics? The market for building analytics is still in the very early stages of development. However, the coming together of cloud computing and big data could rapidly accelerate the use of building analytics in 2013.
2. Small but Perfectly Formed: small intelligent buildings. Historically larger buildings have been the cornerstone of the intelligent building market; however, 2013 could mark the turning point for intelligent solutions in smaller buildings.
3. App Store for Building Automation: the building automation industry focuses on end user experience. IMS Research predicts that improving the end user experience will be a priority for the building automation industry in 2013.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ