Last year was certainly an interesting year for intelligent building systems. Despite the stagnating new construction market, increasing numbers of existing buildings upgraded their systems to reduce the energy they consumed. Related to this, increasing numbers of existing buildings also gained energy certifications such as Energy Star or LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).
IMS Research has recently released its annual intelligent building trends white paper. These predictions for 2013 and beyond serve to provide insight into key trends and opportunities in the intelligent buildings industry.
These trends include the following:
1. Cloud and Big Data meet: is this the perfect storm for building analytics? The market for building analytics is still in the very early stages of development. However, the coming together of cloud computing and big data could rapidly accelerate the use of building analytics in 2013.
2. Small but Perfectly Formed: small intelligent buildings. Historically larger buildings have been the cornerstone of the intelligent building market; however, 2013 could mark the turning point for intelligent solutions in smaller buildings.
3. App Store for Building Automation: the building automation industry focuses on end user experience. IMS Research predicts that improving the end user experience will be a priority for the building automation industry in 2013.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention