Following two days of filming and interviews at Architectural Testing, Inc’s (ATI) York, PA headquarters, Discovery Channel aired two segments showcasing ATI’s threat resistance assessment services on the science news show, Daily Planet. ATI is an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited building products testing firm that provides more than 2,000 defined test protocols at one or more of its 14 laboratories.
Both segments were filmed inside ATI’s Security Research Center where viewers got an inside look at Blast Resistance Testing and Forced Entry Resistance Testing. Daily Planet producers observed and interviewed engineers from Architectural Testing throughout every stage of the testing, as well as representatives from ASSA ABLOY, who donated products for the project.
Forced Entry Resistance Testing, frequently referred to as the “Angry Mob Test”, evaluates the resistance of security doors and windows against break-ins using primitive tools and the brute force of six men.
Blast resistance testing evaluates the resistance of a security door or window against a bomb blast event using pressures exceeding 1,700 pounds per square foot. Not unlike ATI’s Arena Blast Facility in Lubbock, TX which uses live explosives to generate blast pressures, ATI’s shock tube in York, PA provides an indoor venue for bomb blast testing.
“The testing and evaluation ATI performs behind the scenes helps manufacturers ensure their products meet applicable safety standards and code requirements. Discovery Channel provided the opportunity to showcase the amount of product development required in order to meet the demands of this intense and challenging testing,” said Chad Buhrman, ATI director of business development at the conclusion of filming.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management