Following two days of filming and interviews at Architectural Testing, Inc’s (ATI) York, PA headquarters, Discovery Channel aired two segments showcasing ATI’s threat resistance assessment services on the science news show, Daily Planet. ATI is an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited building products testing firm that provides more than 2,000 defined test protocols at one or more of its 14 laboratories.
Both segments were filmed inside ATI’s Security Research Center where viewers got an inside look at Blast Resistance Testing and Forced Entry Resistance Testing. Daily Planet producers observed and interviewed engineers from Architectural Testing throughout every stage of the testing, as well as representatives from ASSA ABLOY, who donated products for the project.
Forced Entry Resistance Testing, frequently referred to as the “Angry Mob Test”, evaluates the resistance of security doors and windows against break-ins using primitive tools and the brute force of six men.
Blast resistance testing evaluates the resistance of a security door or window against a bomb blast event using pressures exceeding 1,700 pounds per square foot. Not unlike ATI’s Arena Blast Facility in Lubbock, TX which uses live explosives to generate blast pressures, ATI’s shock tube in York, PA provides an indoor venue for bomb blast testing.
“The testing and evaluation ATI performs behind the scenes helps manufacturers ensure their products meet applicable safety standards and code requirements. Discovery Channel provided the opportunity to showcase the amount of product development required in order to meet the demands of this intense and challenging testing,” said Chad Buhrman, ATI director of business development at the conclusion of filming.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?