Following two days of filming and interviews at Architectural Testing, Inc’s (ATI) York, PA headquarters, Discovery Channel aired two segments showcasing ATI’s threat resistance assessment services on the science news show, Daily Planet. ATI is an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited building products testing firm that provides more than 2,000 defined test protocols at one or more of its 14 laboratories.
Both segments were filmed inside ATI’s Security Research Center where viewers got an inside look at Blast Resistance Testing and Forced Entry Resistance Testing. Daily Planet producers observed and interviewed engineers from Architectural Testing throughout every stage of the testing, as well as representatives from ASSA ABLOY, who donated products for the project.
Forced Entry Resistance Testing, frequently referred to as the “Angry Mob Test”, evaluates the resistance of security doors and windows against break-ins using primitive tools and the brute force of six men.
Blast resistance testing evaluates the resistance of a security door or window against a bomb blast event using pressures exceeding 1,700 pounds per square foot. Not unlike ATI’s Arena Blast Facility in Lubbock, TX which uses live explosives to generate blast pressures, ATI’s shock tube in York, PA provides an indoor venue for bomb blast testing.
“The testing and evaluation ATI performs behind the scenes helps manufacturers ensure their products meet applicable safety standards and code requirements. Discovery Channel provided the opportunity to showcase the amount of product development required in order to meet the demands of this intense and challenging testing,” said Chad Buhrman, ATI director of business development at the conclusion of filming.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation