AmeriCare: Assistance Being Sent To Oklahoma City Area
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
As search and rescue operations continue after a massive EF-5 tornado shattered a southern suburb of Oklahoma City, a team of disaster relief experts from AmeriCares has deployed to the region to assess urgent needs and coordinate deliveries of emergency aid for victims of the heartbreaking disaster. The aid organization has reached out to health clinics, food banks, and nonprofit organizations in the region with offers of assistance.
“The early hours of an emergency are the most critical,” explained AmeriCares Vice President of Emergency Response, Garrett Ingoglia. “We keep a stock of targeted medicines, family emergency kits and relief supplies on hand to help partner clinics in disaster-prone areas, so we are ready to respond quickly.”
The death toll continues to mount in the aftermath of the deadly twister, which flattened hundreds of homes and buildings, and damaged hundreds more, including an elementary school and a medical center. A state of emergency has been declared, the Oklahoma National Guard has been deployed.
AmeriCares is reaching out to its extensive network of free clinics and community health centers in Oklahoma along with shelters and other nonprofit organizations in the area to help injured and displaced victims with deliveries of acute and chronic care medicines and relief supplies. As an initial step, the organization is working with Nestlé Waters North America and Feeding America to bring bottled water to food banks in the region to support displaced people and first responders.
For more information, or to donate to AmeriCares U.S. Disaster Relief Fund, go to americares.org
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices