Here’s a little engineering joke that may have been bouncing around on the web for some time.
Five engineers and five HR professionals from the same company are attending a conference in the next town. They decide to take the train.
The HR folks buy one ticket each. The engineers buy a single ticket. The HR guys think this is strange, but they also think that watching engineers get in trouble could be fun.
The conductor comes around to get the tickets and all of the engineers disappear into the bathroom. The conductor knocks on the bathroom door and says, “Ticket please.” They slide the ticket under the door, wait until the conductor is gone, head to the bar, and arrive at the conference feeling relaxed and quite pleased with themselves.
On the way home, the HR folks buy a single ticket. The engineers pool their money but only buy four tickets. The HR folks scratch their heads but decide not to worry about it and head to the bar. They figure it’s their turn to have a good laugh.
The conductor comes around and the HR guys pile into the bathroom. The engineer without a ticket promptly walks over to the bathroom, knocks on the door, and says, “Ticket please.”
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms